Battery for GC2300

/ Battery for GC2300 #1  

hallbax

The battery on my GC2300 seems to be on the way out. The battery number is odd - my local garage guy can't find anything like it in his Interstate catalogue (group 55, 55B24RS is what the battery says on it). Anybody replaced a battery in one of these with something other than the exact unit from the dealer?

Thanks.

/ Battery for GC2300
Lots of folks looking, but no replies, so I thought I'd let you know what I found. The original batter says Group 55, and is 5"x9.25"x9" tall, including the posts. A Group 51 battery is 5"x9.375"x8.875" tall, and the posts are oriented the same way.

Rayovac has a SLI51 available locally, 450 CCA for $70, and Interstate has a I51, 425 CCA. I think NAPA has a group 51 similarly priced, so I will check them out tomorrow and see what I find.

My mechanic took the old battery, tried to charge it and then load test it - dead. I think the tractor is a 2003, so I guess that's not too bad.

/ Battery for GC2300 #3  
Thanks for the update. I guess a lot of us 2300 owners are still relatively new and haven't faced the battery issue yet.... although I don't think the battery that's in mine is anything to write home about, it's still working. I occasionally get a "slow crank" after glow-plugging (which mine seems to like when it's stone cold). I kinda doubt I'll get 6 years out of it.:(

/ Battery for GC2300 #4  
An Interstate MT-51 will work just fine, 500 cca, works fine.

/ Battery for GC2300
Fred was correct. I went to Advance Auto over lunch, got a Group 51 battery: 475 CCA and a 72 month warranty for about $80. Stuck it in, fits great, works fine. Problem solved.

/ Battery for GC2300 #7  
Should be yes. You should be able to go quite a while with the factory one. It seems they are actually pretty good.

/ Battery for GC2300 #8  
I don't mean to get off topic but I am tring to get in touch with MFRED. I saw an old post where you said you had parts to an old case 680. Do you still have anything?

/ Battery for GC2300 #9  
I don't mean to get off topic but I am tring to get in touch with MFRED. I saw an old post where you said you had parts to an old case 680. Do you still have anything?

Did you send him a private message?

Click on his name, and the click send private message.

Last edited:
   / Battery for GC2300 #10  
Most of it went when scrap was high. I do have some engine parts left. I think maybe a manual or two also.