Battery Longevity

/ Battery Longevity #171  
Boats here, don't do well with ANY electrical stuff permanently installed.
Salt water is he11 on EVERYTHING electrical!

I 100% disagree.
I completely rewired my 1985 Mako 21B from bow to stern and installed a brand new 200 Merc plus added a custom T top full of electronics. Every inch of wire was tinned marine grade and every termination was adhesive lined and the posts were sprayed down with Corrosion X. All switch and gauge panels were custom made by me using the best materials I could find. The battery charger was marine grade and none of it gave me a stitch of trouble. That was replaced with a 27' BW that had some very minor issues on the factory wiring harness that was easily repaired. I then started upgrading electronics and added a Charles 3 bank charger/maintainer along with a lot of other goodies including some 110VAC stuff. Took the same route on wire, terminations and buss bars. It remained flawless while I owned it for 9 years. In fact it sold at full asking sight unseen outside of pictures and a couple of videos.
To me, it's all about the details.

/ Battery Longevity #172  
I 100% disagree.
I completely rewired my 1985 Mako 21B from bow to stern and installed a brand new 200 Merc plus added a custom T top full of electronics. Every inch of wire was tinned marine grade and every termination was adhesive lined and the posts were sprayed down with Corrosion X. All switch and gauge panels were custom made by me using the best materials I could find. The battery charger was marine grade and none of it gave me a stitch of trouble. That was replaced with a 27' BW that had some very minor issues on the factory wiring harness that was easily repaired. I then started upgrading electronics and added a Charles 3 bank charger/maintainer along with a lot of other goodies including some 110VAC stuff. Took the same route on wire, terminations and buss bars. It remained flawless while I owned it for 9 years. In fact it sold at full asking sight unseen outside of pictures and a couple of videos.
To me, it's all about the details.
"it's all about the details"

I agree!
I have had a few boats.
My last was a 44' DeFever motor yacht, that I used for 11 years in Florida & Bahamas.
Sold it for $125K more than I paid, (had to pay $20K commission tho).....but, I had it looking great.
I did some upgrades, though not nearly $125K worth.

I still have my 23' - 1977 Seacraft, that I bought new in '77.
43 years old, and in excellent condition!
Always trailered, never has had bottom paint!