BCS for brush cutting, Rotary v. Flail.

/ BCS for brush cutting, Rotary v. Flail.
Bill: I agree Briggs are improving. I have one of the OHV 9hp on my troy chipper. Probabably the best briggs yet, but theres a few things i find cheap, like the choke lever.. pretty flimsy. Ive never had a bad honda, so i think im going to stay with them.

Id love to get down to the states!! i havent been to the southern states since i was a kid and we drove to Disneyworld every year for march break:D Gas was cheaper then lol.

oldmech: I was unaware that 2 Wheel tractors were duty free!!! Strange considering theyre made in Italy. I wonder where all that extra money we pay here in Canada is going???:rolleyes:

Id love to get me a 35-50Hp tractor, but its not in the cards. Honestly when you look at the canadian prices, a 732 + 26 bush hog + tiller = 6050 + tax!!!. Thats getting mighty close to the price of a used, smaller compact tractor!!!

Thankfully my honda tiller hasnt crapped out yet!!! Id hate to have to make this decision under the gun.

/ BCS for brush cutting, Rotary v. Flail. #12  
Hey Jason,

For the clumps, a sickle mower will cut off saplings up to 1.5 inches. You could then mow over them with the mower or haul around the chipper and chop them up. It'll take an extra pass, but it may well be worth it. In order to control the junk trees long term, you should get a hold of a stump/brush killer like Tordon RTU. It comes in a quart squeeze bottle and will treat over 50 stumps. I use it alot to keep down the box elders in the fence lines.

Bill in WI

/ BCS for brush cutting, Rotary v. Flail. #13  
I have used the 38" BCS mower deck, and the sickle bar mower. As you'd expect, you get a finished cut with the deck, and the sickle bar just whacks whatever is in front of it.

I think it all depends on what type of finish you want. Deck = woods finish mower. Sickle = hay mower. Flail = bush hog. At least that's how I think of it.

(In fact I'm selling my deck and a BCS chipper shredder. Contact me through TBN if you're interested. I'm in the market for a 10 hp diesel to repower my BCS 850, and for a flail mower...if anyone would like to work a trade.)

Happy Two-Wheel Tractoring!:D