Chipper Bearcat chipper review

/ Bearcat chipper review #21  
Hello to all,

I am new here and enjoyed reading about your PTO chippers so I figured I'd put some additional information out for everyone. Presently, I have a Bearcat/Crary 73454 PTO chipper for sale. This machine only has about 35 total hours, been stored in my heated/AC garage and has been maintained and greased each time I used it. This machine looks new with out any dents or scratches except for inside the chute. The Bearcat brand, as many of you already know, is not a cheaply made chipper and is designed for many years of service. I was going to purchase one of "those cheaper" brands until I actually saw one in person and it totally changed my mind to purchase a quality Bearcat chipper.

This chipper originally sold for close to $4,000 when new. I purchased it from a landscaper that used it for one job and it only had about 10 hours when I got it; the blades were not flipped and I was able to get another 10 hours out of the original side of the blades. I have flipped the blades since. I purchased this chipper to clean saplings from my property and have completed the task and no longer need it. Please email me if you are interested. I am asking $2,150 and you need to pick it up or we may be able to work something out depending upon where you live. This chipper has the owner's and parts manual and an extra belt. I have sharpened the blades, and they work well, but a new set of blades or having them professionally sharpened would not hurt (p/n 70739.)

I can email pictures upon request. The following is a link to see this in action. Please understand my Kubota B7510 only has 16 PTO hp. This chipper is rated from 16-30+ PTO hp so you will notice my son stopping the feed of the sapling until the engine catches up. My brother has a Kubota BX series that has 19.5 PTO hp and my chipper works much better with an additional 3.5 hp...go figure.

Birmingham, AL area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gETKxYmnf8U This video was just taken several weeks ago so you can see the condition of the machine.

Email me if you'd like pictures:
jeff.boesch@paccar.com

Last edited:
   / Bearcat chipper review #22  
Hello to all,

I am new here and enjoyed reading about your PTO chippers so I figured I'd put some additional information out for everyone. Presently, I have a Bearcat/Crary 73454 PTO chipper for sale.

I reckon you didn't realize the thread you responded hadn't been active since2007!!
You might have better luck selling your chipper in the TBN private party ads.

/ Bearcat chipper review #23  
Roy,
Holy cow...2007? I did; however, post an add in the forum area you suggested.

Thanks.

Jeff