Bearing Identification

/ Bearing Identification #1  

Giles

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota B2320---Wheelhorse lawn mower--- Case 480D Backhoe
I am in need of about four flat idler pulleys. They are no longer available and I have searched extensivly! All have bad bearings that are sandwiched between the pulley halves. I removed the rivets and found the ball bearings have no identification numbers.
They are 1.575" OD by .500" thk. and the ID is 3/8" that a 3/8 bolt passes through.
What do you call a bearing like this that doesn't have a precision ID?

/ Bearing Identification #2  
I am in need of about four flat idler pulleys. They are no longer available and I have searched extensivly! All have bad bearings that are sandwiched between the pulley halves. I removed the rivets and found the ball bearings have no identification numbers.
They are 1.575" OD by .500" thk. and the ID is 3/8" that a 3/8 bolt passes through.
What do you call a bearing like this that doesn't have a precision ID?

I think you will find that you may have to buy the pulley with bearing in it? Ken Sweet

/ Bearing Identification #3  
Are you sure the 3/8 ID is not a sleeve inside reducing it to that? Or could you put a sleeve in it to reduce it to 3/8? I found that a 6203 bearing is pretty close, but is 7/16 inch thick, not 1/2. but does not have 3/8 ID

/ Bearing Identification
   / Bearing Identification #6  
Do you have local farm stores? They will probably have a very close to original fit that should work.

/ Bearing Identification #7  
If all it is, is a flat idler pully, all that matters is the radius and the width. The bore is just a bolt size.

A brand or mower would help. Identifying English or metric would help, too, just to get a bearing.

Otherwise, AgriSuppy or TSC, or Grainger, or a JD, Kubota, Ford, NewHolland dealer (etc).

I'd buy the whole assembly instead of putting it all together.

/ Bearing Identification
Do you have local farm stores? They will probably have a very close to original fit that should work.
I have checked local and did a google search on what little info I have. I don't even know what this machine is called. It is so weathered I can't make out any name or numbers.
It doesn't belong to me, it is owned by a friend. He called me to see if I could help and I am thinking it is a useless search trying to repair a piece of scrap. (Maybe I will tell him that:thumbsup:) I will try to get more information and a photo.
Just trying to help a friend:)

/ Bearing Identification #9  
Sounds like something simple enough you may find it at the local TSC. Though maybe I don't understand completely. If you don't know what it is, how do you know the pulleys aren't available any more?