Beat Juice -- does it freeze?

/ Beat Juice -- does it freeze? #1  

emcvay

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 w/FEL
Something I was thinking about the other day was whether or not beat juice freezes? We can get temps in the -30s in the coldest part of winter and I'd hate to get up to the property only to find the tractor with exploded tires from frozen beat juice! lol :eek:

/ Beat Juice -- does it freeze? #2  
The rim Guard web-site states freeze resistant to -35F. Don't know if it would freeze solid or just get slushy at that point. Doubt it cause your tires to explode unless you had them plumb full with no air pockets. Normal fill level is around 75% full so you always have an air pocket in the tire for expansion and allow some tire deflection when going over bumps etc...

Roy

/ Beat Juice -- does it freeze? #3  
It is my understanding it will not freeze solid, will get slushy though.

/ Beat Juice -- does it freeze?
Thanks guys. Being a total newb it was just a thought I had last night.

/ Beat Juice -- does it freeze? #5  
I feel for some of you guys, when it is cold enough to freeze Rimguard my equipment is going to sit.

/ Beat Juice -- does it freeze? #6  
I've been running RimGuard for over 5 years now. Our winters don't get that cold, but -10 F with -30 wind chill is not uncommon and I do a ton of snow removal. I have had no problem with my tires getting slushy or anything. Over all it is a great product. Most weight per gal. by far! I could see it getting slushy if it was static i.e. sitting out overnight exposed to the wind and cold around -45 f. I wouldn't want to be out at all if it was cold enough to freeze solid while moving. That would have to be pretty extreme.

/ Beat Juice -- does it freeze? #7  
Yes, yes it does. And when it freezes solid, and it does, the tires are a bit out of balance.

Having said that, they were trying it to see if it froze.

/ Beat Juice -- does it freeze? #8  
I think the whole topic is sorta bogus. Beet juice, like virtually every other material in the universe, will freeze, and it will freeze solid. The question should really be at what temperature it freezes, how does it behave as the temperature drops, and will I ever see that temperature where I use my tractor.

If it doesn't freeze until -45 F, most of us won't care (AKwelder excepted). Wind chill will not affect this, only the temp.

I did have to work in -56 once back in 1983, but there was no way we could get the tractor to turn over, muchless start, so frozen fluid in the tires was not a concern.

/ Beat Juice -- does it freeze? #9  
I feel for some of you guys, when it is cold enough to freeze Rimguard my equipment is going to sit.

Somehow jenkinsph- I doubt it would get that cold in NM.....

I have rimguard in NYS cold weather up to -15 close to -20 and no issues. Everything can freeze, given if it get cold enough like more then -35 but it's in a tire thats rubber so it will expand tire. first. I really, really dont think it will ever explode as ice forms slowly. If your temps gets colder then say -50 and then rupture the metal rim, you won't even see the leak till it warms up - like months later.

/ Beat Juice -- does it freeze?
Sounds like a silly question now but I was just remembering some water cans that 'exploded' a couple winters ago (before I got smart and emptied them sooner)....basically it's an expression for any item that freezes and in doing so splits the walls/lid of whatever it was freezing inside of.