beautiful weed flower what is it called?

/ beautiful weed flower what is it called? #1  

Raul-02

Veteran Member
the armpit of the entire universe New Jersey
Tractor
kioti DK4710 SE HST CAB
know what this weed is? It's about an inch and a half in diameter the flowers come from a cute inverted (pointing up not down) lantern-shaped pod.

weed flower.jpg
is is called?

/ beautiful weed flower what is it called?
found it on google images. had to use the word weed. It's a bladder weed.
I may try to cultivate these.
they are edible too.

Last edited:
   / beautiful weed flower what is it called? #3  
That has a most beautiful flower. You are not quite as dry as some of us. I could never get something like that to grow around here.

/ beautiful weed flower what is it called? #4  
It looks like Venice Mallow weed to me. The pods are full of little black seeds that make it quite prolific. Seems like the flower only last one day in my garden. I try to "kill" it , but never try to "eat" it. :cautious:

Cheers,
Mike

/ beautiful weed flower what is it called? #5  
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can take a picture of just about any flower, then look a the picture. There should be a little i in a circle.
Push it and there will be a choice to Look Up - Plant
Push that and it says:
Hibiscus trionum.

So I saved your photo to my photos, then clicked the little i in a circle and here's what I get:

EA3C1A27-19BD-4581-9CAF-B480202EDCA9.jpeg

/ beautiful weed flower what is it called? #6  
It's one of the neat features of an iPhone. My wife and I frequently look up plants and flowers we find on our walks.

Try it out if you have one. It's quite accurate.

/ beautiful weed flower what is it called? #7  
From the wiki article...

Hibiscus trionum, commonly called flower-of-an-hour,[2] bladder hibiscus, bladder ketmia,[2] bladder weed, modesty, puarangi, shoofly, and venice mallow,[2

/ beautiful weed flower what is it called? #9  
Saturday wife and I were walking and she asked what's the difference between a flower and a weed? I said if you want it there, it's a flower, if you don't it's a weed.