Beaver III clutch not working

/ Beaver III clutch not working #1  

Capp

I haven't used my tractor for several months. I have started, and let it warm up every now and then. I needed to use it the other day, and when I started it and pushed the clucth to put it in gear the clutch did not disengage. I have a manual, but it says nothing in the trouble-shooting about this. Can anyone help me with this problem. I noticed there is a bolt on the bottom of the clutch housing. Is this some kind of inspection area. Thanks

/ Beaver III clutch not working #2  
It sounds like the clutch disk is stuck to the pressure plate. This can happen if a tractor sits for a while. If there is moisture in the bell housing the disk and pressure plate will stick together from rust. There are 2 ways to do this. One is splitting the tractor in half and popping it loose. The other way which works sometimes and sometimes not. Start the tractor in gear, get going and jam on the brakes repeatedly. Sometimes that will work.

/ Beaver III clutch not working #3  
Tractors4u has it right. If you get it freed up there is a latch down there by the clutch pedal you can use to hold the pedal down when not in use. I have the grey version of your tractor and a Satoh S-470 Buck. Both have that latch. I have never used the latch and have not had that problem but it's there.

/ Beaver III clutch not working #4  
Had same problem years ago, just put tractor in gear and rock it , use the rear tire for leverage. Should break free easly.

/ Beaver III clutch not working #5  
I've had decent luck just letting them idle in neutral for about a half an hour.

Eugene