Because the search engine sucks......Box Blade Question

/ Because the search engine sucks......Box Blade Question #31  
In photo #1 + #2 handle is in the position in which I received the ROBB. Reaching it was a stretch. I was so excited moving dirt the first 1-3 occasions I hardly noticed inconvenient handle position.

In photo #3 I have reversed the handle and now it is in an ideal position. Reversing just meant removing two sets nuts/washers/bolts, flipping the handle and replacing the nuts/washers/bolts .....but I am not very bright. The holes are slightly slotted so there is a little adjustment available. First position may have been a "shipping" position. I need to take current photos.

My 'Bush Hog' ROBB was manufactured in India. I believe all or most ROBBs offered for compact tractors today are sourced from one vender in India. They all look similar, spec nearly the same and have RO-_ _ _ stenciled identically. There is nothing wrong with the steel fabrication, but the paint on my ROBB is not well applied and flaking.

Before I installed aftermarket, rigid, pin-adjustable stabilizers from Stabilworks, which replaced Kubota "check chains", the ROBB was difficult to mount and I was afraid to PUSH dirt in reverse, photo #3, Post 13/above. Now, mounting takes two minutes or less and pushing loose dirt causes no anxiety.

Kubota tractor stabilizers Kubota [url]www.stabilworks.com - YouTube[/url]

GOOD EYE, GARY FOWLER.

I think you will find that Bush Hog brand box blades are manufactured by Dirt Dog here in the US. I have their 6' RO box blade on my MX5100 and it works great! And, the handle bends towards the tractor if it is mounted correctly. I don't remember the exact weight at the moment, but it is 710 lbs. Mine is less than a year old and unless they have begun out sourcing since last summer they are still manufactured in the US.

Last edited:
   / Because the search engine sucks......Box Blade Question #32  
I think you will find that Bush Hog brand box blades are manufactured by Dirt Dog here in the US.

My Bush Hog (brand) Rollover Box Blade has a 4" sticker: "MADE IN INDIA".

Last edited:
   / Because the search engine sucks......Box Blade Question #33  
If you haven't checked out our how-to video on box blades, take a look. It will show you that you don't have to purchase a $3K blade to get results, especially with a 40-45hp tractor.
Ted and Peanut weren't using that blade in rough conditions but with some adjusting(hydraulic top and tilt is faster), a box blade can be a very versatile and useful tool for many applications.

/ Because the search engine sucks......Box Blade Question #34  
My Bush Hog (brand) Rollover Box Blade has a sticker: "MADE IN INDIA".

I don't know how long Dirt Dog has been manufacturing their box blades for Bush Hog brand, but as of last summer they were. And, they are manufactured in the US.

/ Because the search engine sucks......Box Blade Question #36  
I don't know how long Dirt Dog has been manufacturing their box blades for Bush Hog brand, but as of last summer they were. And, they are manufactured in the US.

It is possible that "normal" box blades are made in the USA while mildly esoteric, perhaps obsolescent, always heavy Rollover-Box-Blades are imported. Maybe the small ROBB's are imported and large ones made here. These things are subject to change.

I bought my ROBB new-old-stock. I am not sure how old it is but I guesstimate from weathering 3-4 years old.

Hey, who cares? Yours works great, mine works great.

I salute whoever engineered such a clever, functional, simple implement.

Last edited:
   / Because the search engine sucks......Box Blade Question #37  
My Bush Hog (brand) Rollover Box Blade has a sticker: "MADE IN INDIA".
Unless something has changed, they're made in the US. There are some components on those blades that probably come from India such as shanks, pins, cutting edges, etc.

/ Because the search engine sucks......Box Blade Question #38  
I will second, (or probably twenty second by now), that the TBN search engine needs to be better.

I am sure that is partially why there are so many multiple threads on the same subject.

I can usually find what I am looking for, ....eventually.

Keep in mind you, can also use Google search, to find threads on TBN. Sometimes, that is just easier.

/ Because the search engine sucks......Box Blade Question #39  
i picked up a tsc 6ft blade in a pinch to pull behind my 30hp tractor and it worked awesome in the loose soil where i was doing a side job. when i got it home and started using it around the house i was not as impressed. it has held up well but i had to add a bunch of weight to get it to even cut into my hard rocky dirt worth a darn. i ended up welding a 6ft long 2.5 x 5 x .375 wall steel tube packed full of steel slugs from work and capped on both ends. i don't know how heavy it is but it was a pain to lay it down and drag it up on to the box blade so i could weld it in place.

/ Because the search engine sucks......Box Blade Question #40  
NICKB304, was your top-link shortened and rippers fully extended? My unweighted TSC blade ate up both 10 and 20-year-old rocky gravel driveways when positioned at an aggressive downward angle. I started a thread about it.

Oh yeah, I did do my work in damp conditions, after rains, etc. which should make breaking up the ground easier.