bed lining for mower decks?

/ bed lining for mower decks? #11  
+1 about it being a never ending battle...

I generally clean my mowers up and touch them up with rustoleum as needed (generally once a year). I hose em out and spray the undersides with WD40 weekly after I mow. I had thought about the bedliner before myself, that's why I chimed in when the topic came up. I think if it reduced the frequency of needing touchups, it might be worth it. I for one would like to see it done and have an idea of the results before actually doing it myself.

You sound like you've done this before saying "it will hold up well if you never chop up dead tree limbs,hit rocks,etc.". If you did it, was it a finish mower or rotary cutter? My finish mower never touches anything but grass so it would likely do well?

Just finish decks on lawn tractors.How well it holds up would depend on the deck.My Simplicity decks don't tend to beat the paint off the inside vertical surfaces.The Kubota deck with the circular inner baffles will remove anything you put on those inner baffles down to shiny steel.If you get a good,thick coat on and never have anything but grass it will work better than paint,providing a good barrier between the steel and wet moldy grass and dirt.

The stuff I used is Rustoleum bedliner coating in a quart can,brushed on,2-3 coats.This is a 42 year old Simplicity deck I worked on.Power washed,wire brushes on a drill,2 coats of rust killer,then 2 coats of the bedliner coating.Should check the rust for a very long time.

/ bed lining for mower decks? #12  
Awesome! I may try it on my finish mower as well. As long as it keeps better than standard paint and doesn't make more of a mess, I don't see the downside. If it can extend the life of the mower by providing a tougher seal on the underside, I don't think the expense of bedliner versus paint is much compared to the average deck cost.

/ bed lining for mower decks? #13  
Our problem has been the top side of the mower rusting through since we cannot always clean it thoroughly after mowing. I would seriously consider painting the top side with the bed liner to extend the life.

/ bed lining for mower decks? #14  
Wonder if Locknut had any good results from that 2013 bedliner coating?

/ bed lining for mower decks? #15  
Your going to get blasted by the patrol police for reviving an old thread :ROFLMAO:

IDC I’m just kidding.