Beef, it's what is for dinner.

/ Beef, it's what is for dinner. #11  
What do you guys end up paying for your beef? We have a full butcher shop/processor and another processor only in the next little town over. In the past we've bought a half a beef from my wife's uncle and had it processed. He didn't have any this last time we were ready for more so we just went through the butcher/processor. We had the same out the door cost through them as we did buying from wife's uncle and getting processed at the other processor.

Anyway, it was $1.89/pound in my part of southern Indiana. Grass fed and corn finished.

/ Beef, it's what is for dinner.
What do you guys end up paying for your beef? We have a full butcher shop/processor and another processor only in the next little town over. In the past we've bought a half a beef from my wife's uncle and had it processed. He didn't have any this last time we were ready for more so we just went through the butcher/processor. We had the same out the door cost through them as we did buying from wife's uncle and getting processed at the other processor.

Anyway, it was $1.89/pound in my part of southern Indiana. Grass fed and corn finished.

That sounds about right considering your buying the beef.

I always tell people you can get T bones for the price of burger.

/ Beef, it's what is for dinner. #13  
In this area the Angus sell very well with all the supermarkets and fast food places promoting black angus beef. Holsteins, that's a different story, more expensive to raise and lower sale value.

In this area the Angus sell very well with all the supermarkets and fast food places promoting black angus beef. Holsteins, that's a different story, more expensive to raise and lower sale value.

I prefer Herefords but holstein calves are alot cheaper upfront and much more available year round.

Fed properly you can't tell the difference.

/ Beef, it's what is for dinner. #15  
I prefer Herefords but holstein calves are alot cheaper upfront and much more available year round.

Fed properly you can't tell the difference.

Duffster, how do you finish your dairy breeds out to not be able to tell the difference? I agree with them being cheaper and readily available. Same around here as well.

Jay

Duffster, how do you finish your dairy breeds out to not be able to tell the difference? I agree with them being cheaper and readily available. Same around here as well.

Jay

Just feed them as much good quality corn as they will eat.