Bees in our bonnets

/ Bees in our bonnets
Thanks Paul,

Think I'll try the gasoline trick ( at my own risk, of course ... even though I hate to deprive lawyers of their "entitled" slice of everything that happens on the planet).

Any suggestions on what constitutes ample "fume-dissemination" time? 10 minutes?,... overnight?

Larry

/ Bees in our bonnets #12  
Scruffy, if you make that move to Arizona, you may be in for a surprise. When we were there 10 years ago, I was quite surprised to learn that 3 varieties of rattlesnake were protected by law. I always thought you were supposed to kill every one you saw.

Bird

/ Bees in our bonnets #13  
10 minutes, yep. Use a really long pole with a wick on the end, and just in case have a fire extinguisher with you. again, I am NOT suggesting you do this just in case "anybody" (you know who) might be reading this.

/ Bees in our bonnets #15  
I agree, Scruffy! Of course I didn't find out whether they have anyone who will come get one out of your garage and remove it from the premises.

Bird

/ Bees in our bonnets #16  
PaulB, several years ago one of my employees who lived at the edge of town noticed a big ant hill in the pasture across the road from his house, so he used your method; poured gasoline on it and ignited it. It burned off about 3 acres and neither the fire department nor the property owner was happy with him./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Bees in our bonnets
Hi Roy,

Just got around to reading the link you provided... printed it out -- good info!

Thanks,

Larry

/ Bees in our bonnets #18  
Bird, I am positive they will, but I'm still going to do what I've always done with them under the circumstances. The Son was really hyped when he went out the front door to see what the dog was barking at, and got his pellet gun and blasted a hole through it. That snake was in no mood to be friendly, and I must admit, I wasn't either when I found it behind a box in the garage. Being that our laundry facilities are in the garage, I dispatched it rather abrubtly without considering the Animal Control, nor caring if I had thought of it. Arizona rattlesnakes will have to be very careful around my 'big game hunting son!' Pic of the proud warrior attached!

/ Bees in our bonnets #19  
Scruffy, Now thats a picture of a good rattle puppy. I know what you meaning about them climbing. About eight years ago while I was on the Chapparrel Wildlife Area, I was sitting in a jeep, under the shade of a mesquite tree, when one came slithering down a limb right toward me. I was on the passenger side, and I exited the driverside, taking the driver with me. Still was able to set a new speed record for exiting a jeep.
ErnieB

/ Bees in our bonnets #20  
Ernie, when you find one of them critters unexpectedly, they sure can cause you to move suddenlike! I used to take a 40 mile run over the mountains (summer only) rather than a 130 miles around by paved road. I had a favorite spot for a relief break, and one time coming back up the bank I stepped over a paper plate. Looking down, I could see the outside coil of a rattlesnake, and about that time, the rattle was ominously audible. I asked a cousin that was with me to hand me my .22 with a couple snake rounds loaded in it. That snake was about the same size as the one pictured, which was 46"X11 rattles not counting the nub. That was another incident of shoot first, take headcount and ask questions later. Other times, it was scoot in a hurry!! My Dad sure did! The snakes were all over that cat for a couple of days, and he let them have it another day before attempting to move it.