Beet Juice Shower!

/ Beet Juice Shower! #11  
I know Rimguard is great stuff, and most sugar comes from sugar beets.. but I just have to say the sugar beet is a rather ugly vegetable.:laughing:
.... and stinky too. At least once it's mashed up. They sell a ton of them alongside the roads here just before, and during deer season. That's deer with no capitol D, and no e at the end. :laughing:

/ Beet Juice Shower! #13  
postpics.gif

/ Beet Juice Shower! #14  
Not that I would have gotten wet, but the same thing happened to me yesterday when checking the air in my B26 FRONT tires. I really didn't even know that it had a two piece valve stem but when unscrewing the top cap, the valve stem was turning instead of the cap. It was about 2 rounds loose. I have never had a valve stem loosen up before but now I know it is possible.
Might be a good thing for everyone to check all the valve stems in their tractors to make sure all is tight.

/ Beet Juice Shower! #15  
Having one of these can go a long way to prevent such accidents. You can use the wrench end to tighten and remove valve cores. and the inside and outside thread taps/die to touch up the threads if they are "boogered up"

valve core tool.jpg

/ Beet Juice Shower! #16  
Today i learned another lesson. I was checking the air in my loaded tires, I had the valve stems at the top, I checked the first side and everything went according to plan. I then went to the other side and started unscrewing the valve stem cap and I was not paying attention and the valve stem valve was turning out instead of the cap. You can probably guess what happened next, beet juice started shooting out and I dropped the valve on the ground (luckily I was outdoors) I am trying to stop the gusher with my finger and find the valve and get it screwed back in while getting a sticky shower. It felt like a real Three Stooges Moment. Boy is that stuff sticky! I probably lost about 5 gallons. :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:
Glad it wasnt the tire punched kind of shower. That would add injury to insult.
larry

/ Beet Juice Shower! #17  
Having one of these can go a long way to prevent such accidents. You can use the wrench end to tighten and remove valve cores. and the inside and outside thread taps/die to touch up the threads if they are "boogered up"

View attachment 370516

Those are very handy to have indeed.

/ Beet Juice Shower! #19  
I HAVE one of those somewhere. It would be quicker to go to NAPA and buy one than find it amongst all my stuff.

BTW - I don't suppose anybody got pics?? :dance1: :laughing:

/ Beet Juice Shower! #20  
I didn't. I wasn't expecting it, I had no camera with me, and it happened so fast that I wouldn't have gotten anything much anyway.