Beet juice

/ Beet juice #11  
If I lived in FL, I would use WW fluid rated at 0*. It will never freeze and it is cheap. I live in northern MI and used -20* WW fluid this year in my old JD patched tires. I did it myself for a total cost of under $75. Seemed dumb to spend $300 on tires that may leak again.

My new tractor, will have beet juice. Over the life of a new $35k tractor, saving a $300 also seems dumb.

/ Beet juice #12  
Stupid question but is it really beet juice as in the vegetable?
I told my dealer yesterday that I wanted tractor weights added to the wheels, he told me that instead they would fill the tires with water.

I told him no way I don't want water or windshield washer fluid in my tires.

If anything I wanted beet juice cuz I've read online that was the proper thing to fill the tires with.

after thinking about it for a couple of minutes I decided I just wanted weights so that if I ever punctured a tire I wouldn't lose whatever was inside of the rim.

So what exactly is beet juice
Why is it that you dont want water?

/ Beet juice #13  
You might want to call around and see if Rimguard is even available in your area. It's only sold through a dealer network, and if there is not enough demand in your warm area you may have to go some distance to get the product.

Also, there is no DIY installation available. You have to use a dealer to purchase and install, at least here. They charge for the product, installation fee and a service charge by the mile to get to the location.

Then another consideration is if you have to travel to get the tires filled, what will you do if you have tire problems? You bust a tire and it leaks out, then your tractor is heavy on one side and not the other. Got to go find the dealer and start over! I'd use water. Just fill it up to the very top of the wheel. Then the entire wheel is under water and rust is almost nonexistent.

/ Beet juice #14  
Fill with water and add a glycol based rust inhibitor that is environmentally safe

You could fill your tires for less than $100. If you aren't worried about rust then you add weight for free

/ Beet juice #15  

I told my dealer yesterday that I wanted tractor weights added to the wheels, he told me that instead they would fill the tires with water.

If anything I wanted beet juice cuz I've read online that was the proper thing to fill the tires with.

after thinking about it for a couple of minutes I decided I just wanted weights so that if I ever punctured a tire I wouldn't lose whatever was inside of the rim.

Running water in the tires is very common. Most people mix it with an anti-freeze or anti-corrosion agent. Tire shops in the southern climates usually use a water-methanol mix. They usually charge about $50 per tire for that. In your climate you could simply dump some windshield washer fluid concentrate in the water to provide some corrosion resistance. Beet juice is great, but it is also fairly expensive.

I run water with a few gallons of RV antifreeze mixed in. The tires I put on my Ford last year hold about 50 gallons each. I put 12 gallons of RV antifreeze in each tire at a cost of about $30 total. It is a propylene glycol mix that is non-toxic. I could see no indication of freezing when it got down to about 5 degrees a few weeks ago. If I puncture a tire it will not be any major expense to refill it.

/ Beet juice #16  
I live in FL and just use water straight from my well.
The way I look at it, plain water is the easiest to deal with should I need to repair a flat.

I also figure if the old timers could get 10 or more years out of wheels when using salt water, I should get at least that although will probably get more.

I'll have to report back on the wheel condition if I ever need to take a tire off.

/ Beet juice #17  
Beet juice weighs about 12 lbs/gallon. It is better IF you do get a puncture in a tire because it won't kill the grass/crops under it.

/ Beet juice #19  

Get rimguard.Keep up the work on your post count.

/ Beet juice #20  
Get rimguard.Keep up the work on your post count.

From the Brandon/Ocala area I think it likely that the OP may need to drive nearly to Tennessee to find a dealer who installs Rimguard/beet juice.
Maybe 600 miles?

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Power Sweeper 360, Ford 4-Cyl. Propane Engine 1500 Hrs., S/N 1614 (A33349)
Power Sweeper 360...
Weldcraft WP-9 FV-25R Tig Torch Package - 25' (A33349)
Weldcraft WP-9...
Honda Gas Powered Lawn Mower. (A33079)
Honda Gas Powered...
Power Dog Quick Split 29 Log Splitter (A33548)
Power Dog Quick...
DeWalt Heavy Duty 4 1/2"/5" Small Angle Grinder (A33349)
DeWalt Heavy Duty...
2003 Kenworth T800 Tri-Axle Dump Truck (A32932)
2003 Kenworth T800...