BELARUS 250AS

/ BELARUS 250AS #11  
I have a 250as that I bought new in 1992. In 16 years I have kept it serviced and had one problem with hydraulics when it had 2 hours on it and was fixed under warranty.It is very simple and crude but everything is simple to fix also they are air cooled engines so there is no coolant problems to worry with and the only filters to change are fuel filters which you can get easily, even the oil filter is slinger type.(you just take apart wash and reinstall) the hydraulics use 30wt motor oil. it is approx 32 horsepower but with super long stroke engine the torque curve is great. would I recomend new one? NO! but if plow is of no use and you can use tractors I dont see where you could go wrong they are tough and heavy. I kept mine even after I was able to afford newer and better tractors, since they are not worth alot there was no use trading them . I still use mine to mow with it has about 1000 hours on the meter and if it quits tommorow I feel it paid for itself.

/ BELARUS 250AS #12  
ME83 said:
I don't see why Belarus has such a bad reputation on this board. I have known several people who had or still have them and never have problems with them. These are 60+hp farm tractors, not smaller ones though. My uncle owned a 500 series for about 15 years and finally traded it in on a Massey because he wanted something with more features. They are a basic and cheap tractor, but not worthless.

I talked to a MF and Montana dealer last week who is in a town where one of the largest dealers for Belarus's in Eastern OK and Western AR was located. He has 2 of that dealerships former mechanics and he loves Belarus. He says 80% of his shop business is working on them because he is one of the few places that will mess with them. Parts are actually cheaper now than in the early 90's. My water pump started leaking when the tractor was about 2 years old. A new waterpump was $1000, when they could get them. Now they are about $200. My waterpump was still leaking when I sold it, along with that crazy hydraulic system(odd size O-rings), the oil cooler,(which was in front of the radiator and caused to to oil up and overheat) and the fuel system at times. The larger ones were well known for the front steering cylinder falling off.(mine did:eek: ) Air conditioning on the cabs(all aftermarket)was very poor.:mad:
Like I said though it never failed to start. The 4 wheel drive worked pretty good and it made a good tractor to feed out of in the winter(the heater would run you out). If you bought one new, you really got the screws put to you when you sold it.
I never had one of the air cooled one but looked at them some. As cheap as these are I would probably jump on them, if I didn't have to run it.;)
The dealer I mentioned above actually was approached by Belarus to become a dealer for them because he ordered so many parts. Wholesale price to him for a new 75hp cab tractor was $26,000 at the port, no air, no FEL. He declined the offer.:D

Just my view and experiences with Belarus.

/ BELARUS 250AS
We are having a big sale in Feb.,., 5 of us farmer's are selling a lot of stuff.so the plow would be gone any way. I think I will get them , I don't need any more tractors but the boys up at the farm can use them and that way they won't be coming and getting my tractors that I have to have.