Belarus diesel wont shut off

/ Belarus diesel wont shut off
Nice score!
I recommend changing the fuel pump oil first - the governor may act up if the oil is low or too diluted with fuel.

What kind of oil does the fuel pump run? I've seen IH diesels that circulate motor oil through the fuel pump...is this how these work?

There is no shutoff solenoid. On my 250 the throttle lever just gets pulled back further to shut it off.

I lubed up all the linkage today and it shut right off when I idled it down....problem fixed. Thanks

Also...manual do you have? The only manual I've seen is is put out by "Jensales"....it doesn't look very thick, there's not much info on their site about the book either. I hate to spend $35+ and get a photo copied manual with no wiring diagrams, maintenance specs, or any real info...I've made that mistake before.

/ Belarus diesel wont shut off #12  
   / Belarus diesel wont shut off #13  
The pump uses motor oil like the first paragraph of the page I scanned says. I use 15w40. It has a separate sump from the engine crankcase.

I have 2 copies of the operator's manual and a repair manual for my 250. The owners manual is pretty good with detailed maintenance instructions. It's 92 pages and includes an electrical schematic on the last page. the p/n of my operators manual is 904252. The repair manual is about 245 pages. It's complete with plenty of pictures.

There's a guy "Randy" on ebay who lists the manuals for your model. The part number for his operator's manual looks correct. Here's a quote from his listing.

"One BRAND new owners operatora manual for the Belarus 400, 420, T40, T40A model tractors.
A must have for those running these tractors!
Refer to part number 904413."

I have ordered parts from Belarus in Milwaukee with good success.

Last edited:
   / Belarus diesel wont shut off
Belarus Bulldog....Thanks for the links, I will check them out

Brad Blazer-Thanks for the info, I'm gonna drain the oil in the pump, change the motor oil & fix some wiring today.

About the books-I'd seen that Randy guy you mentioned I was hoping for $100 it was a paper manual & not a CD-ROM. I am willing to pay that if its a good paper manual like you say. (I sent him a msg on ebay to be sure) Thanks again!

/ Belarus diesel wont shut off #15  
Good to see more out there. My grandpa picked one up with the USSR broke up. His manuals are in Russian and he ended up buying most of the parts stock when the local tractor place quit fooling with them. That thing is indestructible. I can't remember the size, but I watched him pick the front of a cab over big rig up to change the tire out. Plus the 3-point pushes down. I watched him pick the back end up with a box blade to change a back tire. He runs 3-1 cooking oil in the summer. 3-5 gallon buckets of oil and 1-5 gallon bucket of diesel. Or he may be 4-1. Many good/fond memories in the hay patch on that thing.

/ Belarus diesel wont shut off #17  
Nice score!
I recommend changing the fuel pump oil first - the governor may act up if the oil is low or too diluted with fuel.

There is no shutoff solenoid. On my 250 the throttle lever just gets pulled back further to shut it off.

You can remove the primer and take it apart, clean it and replace the o-rings pretty easily. It's rarely needed and that's why it gets stuck.
i've had almost the same problem with my 425 4x4 it won't idle ..i messed with the linkage and still won't idle at low speeds..changed the feul filter and it helped a little ..i feel really dumb but i never ever knew till i read this thread that the injector pump took oil..i thought it was oiled by the engine i guess..and i grew up on a farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..what kind of oil do you put in the injector pump?? ..i guess any oil that is not soaked in diesel would be better then what it is now.. i messed with the linkage because i had the tractor split to put a clutch in it and it fell off the blocks and it bent some stuff up pretty bad..i've been working in the woods for years this way..its either high revs or stalled ..anyway this is an old post but if anyone is still looking what kind of oil do you use in the injector pump...thanks for sharing the pics they are helpful

/ Belarus diesel wont shut off #18  
I just bought a Belarus 420AN that the previous owner decided to sell for scrap iron. Long story short, I have $650 in it & it runs great...but half of the electrical doesn't work & the other half is missing. I can start it, but I can't get it to shut off. I can idle it way, way down & it will slow down (2-300rpm I'D guess) but it just won't die. I've heard using the compression release is hard on stuff, and I know shutting the fuel off at the tank is not good either. I read something about a "stop solenoid", but I don't know what it looks like to even look for it. There are no wires going to the injection pump that I see...(I'd assume the stop solenoid would be close to the pump) I'm lost and haven't found much information on these tractors at all. Any help, web sites, info would be greatly appreciated.
that is a tough old tractor ..if you don't mind standing on your head to make sense of the shifter..i've had one for years and hate the way it shifts but for your money you'll never find a better tractor

/ Belarus diesel wont shut off #19  
i've had almost the same problem with my 425 4x4 it won't idle ..i messed with the linkage and still won't idle at low speeds..changed the feul filter and it helped a little ..i feel really dumb but i never ever knew till i read this thread that the injector pump took oil..i thought it was oiled by the engine i guess..and i grew up on a farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..what kind of oil do you put in the injector pump?? ..i guess any oil that is not soaked in diesel would be better then what it is now.. i messed with the linkage because i had the tractor split to put a clutch in it and it fell off the blocks and it bent some stuff up pretty bad..i've been working in the woods for years this way..its either high revs or stalled ..anyway this is an old post but if anyone is still looking what kind of oil do you use in the injector pump...thanks for sharing the pics they are helpful

10W30 in the injection pump.
BTW,i'have not changed oil in the injectionpump on my belarus 800 in 20 years,i figgered it's no use cause there's always a slow fuel drip from the
bleedline on the pump body, so i bet the pump is only lubricated by fuel and it don't seem to harm any(prolly 12000 hrs on it since)

/ Belarus diesel wont shut off #20  

Attachments

• Fuel shutoff valve 12v.jpg
    Fuel shutoff valve 12v.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 543