Belarus Tractors

/ Belarus Tractors #21  
Sounds like the decompression lever. Small, short and pull it up to engage decompression, hit starter for a few seconds, then push lever down and compression begins (start engine). The gearshift lever closet to the steering wheel is forward/reverse. The next gear shifter is 8 speed trans, high/low, creeper. The furthest lever tot he right is the aux. hydraulics, the next to the left is the 3 pt lift. Diff lock on the floor with foot.

/ Belarus Tractors #23  
Sounds like the decompression lever. Small, short and pull it up to engage decompression, hit starter for a few seconds, then push lever down and compression begins (start engine). The gearshift lever closet to the steering wheel is forward/reverse. The next gear shifter is 8 speed trans, high/low, creeper. The furthest lever tot he right is the aux. hydraulics, the next to the left is the 3 pt lift. Diff lock on the floor with foot.

That is what I was thinking thanks.:thumbsup:

/ Belarus Tractors #24  
... he finally parked it in a barn, got tired of it being in the way, couldn't give it away. That's been a number of years ago, and it is now sitting in the back of the pasture frozen. What a deal. Wonder if Yugo will make a tractor. LOLOLOL

That is the typical history of a Belarus; sitting in fields, where they quit, rusting away. They are the Yugo of tractors. No way I'd give $43.00 for it! Can't think of any worse made tractor.

/ Belarus Tractors #25  
My god i cant believe this many people could like these things ,
" Run away from it"
Regardless of what people say on this forum it is THE worst quality tractor available nothing more reliable has ever been built , Just check out any other forum or even compare prices to real tractors of same age , I know dealers yards full of these things that have sat there for 4 years , Ask a farmer if he would buy one ?
BS,i own a belarus 800 for over 20 years,i must have put 15000 largely trouble free hrs on it,i reringed the engine once.I still use it almost daily,it fires up in a split sec every time.:thumbsup:

The problem is a lack of knowledge on these tractors,even the dealers know dick all.

/ Belarus Tractors #26  
I agree. They were the world's largest manufacturer...They have some of the toughest diesel engines ever built, with typical engine life well over 10k hours before rebuild. I know of some that are in excess of 35 years old purring away with that low knock they had with the old 500's. They are quite popular still in Europe and have been sold in many countries. Parts are readily available. There were some soft bolts, some leaks in hydraulics because they were all external, and some electrical issues, but the basic units were solid.

/ Belarus Tractors #27  
Belarus was and still is the main tractor supplier to the USSR/Russia (with no any other competitor), that's why it is one of the largest world's tractor manufacturer.
Some Western Europe Belarus owners are selling out their used tractors to post communist countries. These tractors are supposed to be of better quality, than those Belarus sold in former USSR.

/ Belarus Tractors #28  
BS,i own a belarus 800 for over 20 years,i must have put 15000 largely trouble free hrs on it,i reringed the engine once.I still use it almost daily,it fires up in a split sec every time.:thumbsup:

The problem is a lack of knowledge on these tractors,even the dealers know dick all.

I'd have to say that 99 out of 100 people who bought them will strongly disagree with you. The only place I see them now is sitting out in fields rusting away with trees growing up through them. They gave Yugo a good name! :D

/ Belarus Tractors #29  
I'd have to say that 99 out of 100 people who bought them will strongly disagree with you. The only place I see them now is sitting out in fields rusting away with trees growing up through them. They gave Yugo a good name! :D
That means only one person out of the 100 is smart enough to know how to fix it himself,the other 99 you can lump in with the dealers,LACK OF KNOWLEDGE:p

BTW,if what you say is true,then why is there hardly a belarus up for sale,i been looking for another one and can't find any.
So please tell me where they are sitting in the trees and i might go get them(depending on distance)

/ Belarus Tractors #30  
That means only one person out of the 100 is smart enough to know how to fix it himself,the other 99 you can lump in with the dealers,LACK OF KNOWLEDGE:p

I will concede that I most certainly do not have any direct, first hand, experience with a Belarus tractor. I've only heard all the horror stories and seen them laying around in fields. So, I cannot say you are wrong. All I can say is that the statistics sure don't look good. And, sincerely, I'm glad you've gotten good use out of yours. I hate to see anyone get ripped off. There are more than enough out there willing to take your money and leave you with nothing.