Belarus Tractors

/ Belarus Tractors #51  
I'm not sure all my dad said is something broke in the rear end.

/ Belarus Tractors #52  
Let me know if I can help with any parts diagrams, etc.... but would need a bit more info as to what is broken

/ Belarus Tractors #53  
Let me know if I can help with any parts diagrams, etc.... but would need a bit more info as to what is broken

I am looking at buying a 1996 572 Belarus 4x4 tractor with a loader, it has 1,200hours on it, now befor all the belarus bashers chime in, I own 200 acres and i only want to use this for small plot farming, 3 to 5 acre plots, working ground, some utility work with thye loader, just some weekend projects and deer hobby farming, on some land i bought just for hunting. I have read just about every post on the net reguarding these tractors, but i dont want to use it for commercial farming, i just want 4x4, 50 plus hp, and a loader, and i want to pay cash, not finance a tractor, so this looks to be a good deal. It is for sale from a dealer currently. please i see all these post on the 800's and the 250's but no mention of the 570 or the 572 4x4's. please advise.

/ Belarus Tractors #54  
I have a 562 similiar to your 572. I have owned a 420 and 805. All were useable a bit rough about some things but useable. I paid 4250 for the 562 with about 1000 hours without loader Im getting a loader next week.
The 250 tractor was a very diferent design.
The 572 thru 900 are a much better design and work well for what you propose. I also have a couple Zetors and a smaller foton all are good useable tractors.

/ Belarus Tractors #55  
My god i cant believe this many people could like these things ,
" Run away from it"
Regardless of what people say on this forum it is THE worst quality tractor available nothing more reliable has ever been built , Just check out any other forum or even compare prices to real tractors of same age , I know dealers yards full of these things that have sat there for 4 years , Ask a farmer if he would buy one ?

Old post I know but I thought my 250AS was junk too and many of the parts are cheap metal etc. but that darn tractor has outlasted my pretty ford 3000 and my int 2400 for major problems. The actual engine and trans on the 250AS seems pretty reliable and has not degraded in the long time Ive had it and ran the **** out of it. The engine could be made of cheap stuff but it's still reliable like an old vw motor which is what it reminds me of. What I dont get is the high pedestal and high prices for kubotas when they look cheaper built than the belarus.

Last edited:
   / Belarus Tractors #56  
I love my 250AS... Don't use it a whole lot because the Kubota with the loader is definitely more useful, but the Belarus is a tank. We only have a few acres with horses and other small farm animals, so we don't really need both tractors, but for some reason I don't want to sell the Belarus... I have never had a problem with it, and it always starts and runs strong. It's a 93 with only 600 hours on it, and was given to me for free. I could use the extra cash, and my wife wants me to sell it, but I guess I like having it just in case. It takes up space, but feel like I would be wrong to sell since it was free. Although we don't need it, I guess I'll have to start using it more to prove we "need" it just in case!

/ Belarus Tractors #57  
Old post I know but I thought my 250AS was junk too and many of the parts are cheap metal etc. but that darn tractor has outlasted my pretty ford 3000 and my int 2400 for major problems. The actual engine and trans on the 250AS seems pretty reliable and has not degraded in the long time Ive had it and ran the **** out of it. The engine could be made of cheap stuff but it's still reliable like an old vw motor which is what it reminds me of. What I dont get is the high pedestal and high prices for kubotas when they look cheaper built than the belarus.

I was just looking at a 250 AS and had a couple of questions. I noticed that tractor data says its a 6 volt. Is that right? If so, how do you change it over to 12v?

I believe the tractor I'm getting has a bad alternator. What AC/Delco alternator should I replace it with?

Also, I believe it only has a rear hydraulic remote. I want to get a loader and don't know what I need to do (and price) so that the hydraulics are right for it. It'd be great if you know some brands of loaders that fit the tractor and what all is involved in getting them hooked up right.

Thanks for any help you can send my way.

/ Belarus Tractors #58  
Well i have two of the 250 no real issue with them.i have a loader on one .I did not put it on it came with the tractor that had a dead injector on it when i got it.parts were a breeze.I think if you compare it to a new tractor that seem to be plauged with promblms they are not too bad.plus they are made very easy to work on. just my two cents

/ Belarus Tractors #59  
I was just looking at a 250 AS and had a couple of questions. I noticed that tractor data says its a 6 volt. Is that right? If so, how do you change it over to 12v?

I believe the tractor I'm getting has a bad alternator. What AC/Delco alternator should I replace it with?

Also, I believe it only has a rear hydraulic remote. I want to get a loader and don't know what I need to do (and price) so that the hydraulics are right for it. It'd be great if you know some brands of loaders that fit the tractor and what all is involved in getting them hooked up right.

Thanks for any help you can send my way.
Sorry, I missed your post somehow, til now. Mine says it takes 2 6 volt batteries ran in series and I believe you are mistaken that it runs on 6V. I used 1 very large NAPA 12 volt, but I believe it should take 2 long thin 6 volt batterries. NAPA has those too. They run about 110.00 each. The large 12V is about 170.00 . I also have had battery problems on that tractor and my regulator did not work. Now I'm just using a 850CCA car battery and a delco single wire alternator. I disconnected all other wiring except the ground mass switch. To mount the delco I drilled a couple new holes on the bracket that mounts to the engine so the bracket and alternator would set out further and the pulleys line up.
The loader and remote hydraulics I don't know anything about.

/ Belarus Tractors #60  
Well i have two of the 250 no real issue with them.i have a loader on one .I did not put it on it came with the tractor that had a dead injector on it when i got it.parts were a breeze.I think if you compare it to a new tractor that seem to be plauged with promblms they are not too bad.plus they are made very easy to work on. just my two cents

What brand loader do you have and how do the hydraulics hook up? Mine (I bought it since the last post) has remotes to the back for an auger or log splitter, but none to the front. Don't know what's involved in terms of "plumbing" for a loader.