Belt broke new holland 630

/ Belt broke new holland 630 #1  

Birch Hill Farm

Bronze Member
Tractor
International 444
Was bailing the other day and one of the belts broke while tying off the last bale. It broke at the joint where two ends of belt meet, the wire staple looking things pulled out/through end of belt. Is this a very easy fix? Any special tools or tricks needed to replace? I assume I can just go buy a new belt vs dealing with the old one. Any help appreciated.

/ Belt broke new holland 630 #2  
Yes you can get a new belt. Depending on length about $150.00 or you can get a belt lacer for about the same (7in.) and replacement lacing and repair your belt. A good vise is needed. All depends on how worn out your belts are. Job isn't difficult to do. Plenty of videos online.

/ Belt broke new holland 630 #3  
Was bailing the other day and one of the belts broke while tying off the last bale. It broke at the joint where two ends of belt meet, the wire staple looking things pulled out/through end of belt. Is this a very easy fix? Any special tools or tricks needed to replace? I assume I can just go buy a new belt vs dealing with the old one. Any help appreciated.

If just the very end of the belt was damaged by the hooks pulling out then it can be trimmed and the lacing redone. Your local equipment dealer (any brand) should be able to do this easily and quickly.

/ Belt broke new holland 630 #4  
You've been given good advice.

A new belt will probably be over $200. A re-lace job at a farm equipment dealer should be about $50.

/ Belt broke new holland 630 #5  
I've had this happen on our 630. I have a clipper lacer so for about $8 I'm repaired. I'd suggest buying a 7' clipper lacer unit. example: Brand New 7" Vise Belt Lacer Tool Clipper Brand | eBay and then you can do this yourself. Dealer probably will do it cheaper, but they tend not to be open Friday nights and Sunday mornings when this sort of thing tends to happen. You are fine to cut out 1/2" and not mess up your belts.

My lacer came with the baler when purchased, but even if I had to buy it, it would have paid for itself already in saved time and fuel to dealership.

If you do want new belt (assuming your other ones were OEM length)

Haytools.com, Hay Equipment Headquarters has 630 belts for $135 with free lower 50 shipping.

I bought belts from them this year.