Loader bending metal on loader

/ bending metal on loader #21  
This link (in the fuse theory) will either compress or stretch, I don't think it drops anything.

If in fact it is (in part) a fuse, highest forces are when the bucket is curled all the way down, precisely the condition where forces multiply, and may be a need to protect the bucket curl cylinders or other mounts. I suspect it is shaped this way to give the bucket more curl while protecting the components in this extended curl position. Seems strange that LS wouldn't state this (again, following the 'fuse' theory) so people know whats going on rather than guessing about their quality.

Ryan what was the bucket angle when you pushed on this cedar tree?
Theyre not stretching. Its a compression thing that happens when resisting uncurl. When they buckle there is a sudden uncurling. That would drop something. It would by definition be a heavy load and the buckle could be catalyzed be a jerk stop on lowering ... or a lift with a critical amt of load ... or a lift too high with load -- because the compression leverage increases with the degree of uncurl. ... Imagine using pallet forks. Keeping level as you raise.
larry

/ bending metal on loader #22  
Just from looking at Sodo's picture, that dog legged link may be assembled upsidedown. It's concavity looks further from its pivot point than the pin it's designed to avoid(at the end of the boom)

/ bending metal on loader #23  
Just from looking at Sodo's picture, that dog legged link may be assembled upsidedown. It's concavity looks further from its pivot point than the pin it's designed to avoid(at the end of the boom)

They look like they are on my loader.

Attachments

• image-742397128.jpg
    image-742397128.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 273
   / bending metal on loader #24  
the dogleg is so the bucket can curl farther down (vertical), so the link reaches around that pin. At that moment it's a major force multiplier on the cylinders and their mounting.

Not sure anyone could use bucket forks in this vertical position (for example). In the 'level' position, the link is not subject to the force multiplication, it's ONLY when curled full vertical.

osley, do you have time to take pics of this link in several positions?

/ bending metal on loader #25  
Hope it helps.

/ bending metal on loader #26  
the dogleg is so the bucket can curl farther down (vertical), so the link reaches around that pin. At that moment it's a major force multiplier on the cylinders and their mounting.

Not sure anyone could use bucket forks in this vertical position (for example). In the 'level' position, the link is not subject to the force multiplication, it's ONLY when curled full vertical.

osley, do you have time to take pics of this link in several positions?
Presume you mean uncurled. As you raise a bucket - or forks especially - you uncurl to stay level. Leverage on the links naturally increases. Due to the close pin spacing on he bucket carrier there is compressive force on the links anytime uncurl is being resisted, regardless of position - worsens as uncurl progresses. See ozleys pics. It is a design issue.
larry

/ bending metal on loader #27  
I would say the stright bracket is just a hair short. If back drigging with bucket down the cyd. rod well bend or the stright bracket goes over center and bend them as the picture shows.

/ bending metal on loader #28  
The links are pulled when backdragging. All reports indicate they bend from being pushed on -- they buckle.

/ bending metal on loader #29  
Iv'e put mine through just about everything imaginable, no issues. I have the LL3103 loader.

/ bending metal on loader #30  
I would say the stright bracket is just a hair short. If back drigging with bucket down the cyd. rod well bend or the stright bracket goes over center and bend them as the picture shows.

I agree in that the straight link might be the wrong size. Both of the links work together and alternate between compression and tension, opposing forces in each when being curled or uncurled by the hyd cylinders. So when curling, the curved link experiences compression and the straight link is in tension. The tension in the straight link should prevent the curved link from experiencing too much compression that will cause it to buckle. If the straight link is too short to hold tension, all of the force will be compression on the curved link.