Bending top links??

/ Bending top links??
Both times I've ran into that problem the solution was attaching tractor end lower and/or implement end
Never had that happen, but I wonder if you need to raise your ground engaging implement before making sharp turn.
I definitely do the raising before turning thing as I learned that lesson already the hard way. Seems to have bent while raising

/ Bending top links??
Like said above, you're bending it on that bolt in the full lift position, either switch to the slot so it can float on the ground instead of being a fixed angle or move to the further forward hole.
That’s what I’ll try next. Highly possible that’s what happened. Thanks for the insight

/ Bending top links?? #13  
I bent the whole 3 point hitch frame hitting a rock with a v plow. Also hit a hidden rock with a plow that almost left me on the hood of my Massey. Surprised it never ripped the lift arms off the tractor.
Done countless hours of 3 pth work, never bent a top link. Curious to find what it was/is.

/ Bending top links??
Y’all are a smart group. Made it back to the farm and looked at the seeder. I think the culprit was the bolt. See how it is a bit misshaped by the top link pushing on it. Bad design as the mounting holes are to close to that bolt. I may need to do some reengineering! Thanks all for the help!

Attachments

• 8818E76A-4DD0-4908-901F-4C9890D3FC9F.jpeg
    8818E76A-4DD0-4908-901F-4C9890D3FC9F.jpeg
    503.6 KB · Views: 88
  • CD05E755-8370-472C-9F37-F2E4F074A8B8.jpeg
    CD05E755-8370-472C-9F37-F2E4F074A8B8.jpeg
    464.9 KB · Views: 88
   / Bending top links?? #16  
Why do I keep bending the top link posts at the implement end??? Heavy duty ones I’ve bent….light duty ones I’ve bent…??? What am I doing wrong? It’s not hitting anything. Most of the time it bends using my Cabela’s 6 ft seed drill. Should I be attached the top link when the implements are in the raised position or in the down position?? What I have been doing is attaching the top link to the middle hole or top hole with the implement on the ground. Always bends at the implement end of the top link??
Where is your ROPS? With ROPS fully down, it will bend the top link.

/ Bending top links?? #17  
That "bolt" and bushing are for the top hook on a quick hitch. Move that to one of the holes that's out of your way if you aren't planning to use a QH.