Bent Clevis Pin I’m rear PTO. NH TZ25DA

/ Bent Clevis Pin I’m rear PTO. NH TZ25DA #1  

nasonjo

Tractor
Mahindra 1816 HST
Hey guys. I just bought my first attachments for my tractor... PTO Tiller and Bush Hog for my New Holland TZ25DA. Upon looking over the connections I noticed that the clevis pin on the turnbuckle was bent on the left side. I am having a bear of a time finding this part on any manual or on Messiks. It seems like it would be a common part. Does anyone know how to find a replacement. Do I need an exact replacement for both sides? Or just need the same length? Pictures attached. IMG_1609.JPGIMG_1611.JPG

/ Bent Clevis Pin I’m rear PTO. NH TZ25DA #2  
Along with finding a new part - determine what caused this and make necessary corrections.

/ Bent Clevis Pin I’m rear PTO. NH TZ25DA
Along with finding a new part - determine what caused this and make necessary corrections.

I only have a theory that the previous owner backed into something with an attachment because it looks like it buckled and a little nub on the top link was bent. Everything operates fine and there is no visible damage to any other parts or the PTO.

I would just like help finding a replacement part if possible.

I only have a theory that the previous owner backed into something with an attachment because it looks like it buckled and a little nub on the top link was bent. Everything operates fine and there is no visible damage to any other parts or the PTO.

I would just like help finding a replacement part if possible.

And after writing that and reading it the buckling theory doesn’t really make sense because it couldn’t buckle without damaging anything else...

/ Bent Clevis Pin I’m rear PTO. NH TZ25DA #5  
Re: Bent Clevis Pin I知 rear PTO. NH TZ25DA

I can't help on replacements but I would at least try to straighten them. Screw a couple nuts on, clamp in a vice, warm up the bent area and straighten them.

I can't help on replacements but I would at least try to straighten them. Screw a couple nuts on, clamp in a vice, warm up the bent area and straighten them.

I did with a hammer, it is fairly straight just need to repair a couple threads. I think it will work but I just don’t want it to fail while I’m working... but those shouldn’t really take too much stress I wouldn’t think.

/ Bent Clevis Pin I’m rear PTO. NH TZ25DA #7  

I did with a hammer, it is fairly straight just need to repair a couple threads. I think it will work but I just don’t want it to fail while I’m working... but those shouldn’t really take too much stress I wouldn’t think.

The majority of the stress should go to the lower arms and pins. But anything can be abused. Personally I am not a big fan of the solid screw type. The solid bar type are fine. For the screw style, I like those that have a few chain links in them. That way they are set up to give if pushed against while pushing in reverse.
As to repairing the threads, a thread file or a triangle file sometimes works. A die the right size should work also. If you hammered on the threads, one of those is going to be the best solution.

/ Bent Clevis Pin I’m rear PTO. NH TZ25DA #8  
Google SBA370501130 and SBA370501120. Those are the part numbers for each threaded end, and Messick's shows both in stock.