Bent the discharge chute on my MMM BAD!!!

/ Bent the discharge chute on my MMM BAD!!! #1  

pashworth

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310 cab
This past Sunday I was mowing my 5 acres with my B7800 and RCK60-27B MMM. The wife typical (which she did this time) cut the grass around the smaller trees, which I cannot mow against because of the ROPS to tree limb clearance. Well…. in reverse, I cut it a little, OK a lot to close to a 4” dia. cedar tree. The rear edge of the discharge chute dug into the cedar tree and bent it from a U-shape to a roughly formed L-shape. I cannot seem to bang, bend or hammer it back to its original shape. One problem is that I don’t exactly know what the shape or location of the vertical legs are supposed to be / align.

Can someone take a picture of their deck and post it so that I may try to simulate that form. An overhead and an elevational picture would be very helpful.

I’ll post pictures after I fix it. I want to redeem myself and stupidity. Thanks in advance! Paul

/ Bent the discharge chute on my MMM BAD!!! #2  
Don't beat yourself up over a small thing like this. Take the deck off the tractor before attempting any straightening project. Then support the metal from the underneath and using another board, use a 10# persuader. If you know someone that has a large press and if you have a few friends that are willing to help, that is the best way to straighten the metal. If the piece is removable, then even better. Just order a replacement part. This link will take you to the www.tractorsmart.com webpage that will then direct you to the parts pages for your tractor. Junk...... <font color="red"> </font>

/ Bent the discharge chute on my MMM BAD!!! #3  
Will this help. Here is a blowup of the chute from my parts list. There is a picture of the the 60" on <font color="orange"> Kubota's </font> site. Click Here

/ Bent the discharge chute on my MMM BAD!!! #4  
I noticed that the new Kubota GR series have a plastic chute. The plastic chute is one reason I bought my JD355D instead of a Kubota a few years ago. I'd ask the dealer if they have a plastic one that fits your mower. I have whacked the plastic one many times with no damage to the chute, trees, or buildings. It always pops back to it's original shape. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Bent the discharge chute on my MMM BAD!!!
Just bought a new discharge chute from tractorsmart. $82 plus 5 for s/h. This is the first time I have damaged the tractor. I am sure others are to come!!! Thanks for the help.

/ Bent the discharge chute on my MMM BAD!!! #6  
I understand why you wanted the pictures, but we hang out in the forums to see interesting pictures...
a new grass chute... not likely get a lot of interest
a mutilated chute.... that's what we want to see!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif