Bent Wheel Rim?

/ Bent Wheel Rim? #11  
G'day go get the hammer out :thumbsup: that will knock back nearly spot on i would say if you think it is beyond you talk to a local tyre dealer and ask them if there is anyone in the area that will roll the rim for you, if they can't help talk to a local engineering shop. There is no reason that rim can't be repaired

Jon

/ Bent Wheel Rim? #12  
An "Engineering Shop", that's a new one on me. But, yes, BIG Hammer and if that doesn't get the rim lip just good enough to take air use a tube or like other poster said a blacksmith type "Engineering Shop" to get it true. bjr

/ Bent Wheel Rim? #13  
If hammering back, be sure to use a spacer so as not to hit the lip of the rim. It will deform before you get the rest of the dent where it needs to be. Don't ask how I know.

/ Bent Wheel Rim?
Thanks for the help guys.

Will give it a bash this weekend, and see how we go.

/ Bent Wheel Rim? #15  
im afraid that it is serious enough.
and...best to replace it.

/ Bent Wheel Rim?
Thanks for the input all, we gave it a few "gentle taps" with a sledgehammer, and a block of wood, and it appears to be good as new. Has held pressure for over a week no problems, haven't done much work with it (didn't get to play this weekend as one of my dogs got hit by a brown :( ), but will keep and eye on it and see how it holds up.

Thanks again.