Ber-Vac S-60 snowblower

/ Ber-Vac S-60 snowblower #1  

Builderboy66

Tractor
Satoh Bison
I recently bought a Sato bison tractor with a front mount snowblower. I am new to PTO driven equipment and was wondering what speed to run the PTO at. It offers 540 and 1092 RPM. Also has a ber-vac undermount drive underneath the tractor with a gear drive box on the back. Wasn't sure how this comes into play with the whole assembly. Any information someone might have would be a great help. thank you

/ Ber-Vac S-60 snowblower #2  
I run the blower on my B7200 on the high speed pto.

/ Ber-Vac S-60 snowblower #3  
I recently bought a Sato bison tractor with a front mount snowblower. I am new to PTO driven equipment and was wondering what speed to run the PTO at. It offers 540 and 1092 RPM. Also has a ber-vac undermount drive underneath the tractor with a gear drive box on the back. Wasn't sure how this comes into play with the whole assembly. Any information someone might have would be a great help. thank you

Call the Ber-Vac people if you are not sure.

/ Ber-Vac S-60 snowblower
Tried that. Apparently they had a fire in 2016 and lost most of their archives.

/ Ber-Vac S-60 snowblower #5  
Just a homeowner, not a mechanic, but everything I’ve ever used has been a 540 pto.

I always run pto equipment at the max when in use, which is about 2500 rpm; basically just short of the red line on your tach.

That’s especially true for a snowblower, because it won’t thtow well and the chute will jam easier if you’re running too slow

/ Ber-Vac S-60 snowblower #6  
Running off the rear PTO I would also suspect 540. Have you tried operating it to see how the blower works when at 540?

/ Ber-Vac S-60 snowblower
I did but had my RPMs way too low it sounds. I will try around 2500