Berco / BercoMac Snowblower Motor Chute/Rotation replacement found!

/ Berco / BercoMac Snowblower Motor Chute/Rotation replacement found! #1  

Simsummit

Tractor
JD 3720
Hello.

After few hour spend on the net and few research, I finally find out which Electric motor Berco use for Chute & Rotation. My Berco dealer was asking $200.00 for each. It's way too much for a simple power window motor.

Berco part No: 103378
ACI/MAXAIR part No: 82296
Dorman: 742-140
Cardone: 42-104
Or other way to order them: Rear-Right windows motor for 2000 Chevrolet C2500

I paid $50.00 at my auto parts!

Also beleive Kubota snowblower use the same motor? Need to be confirmed!

Hope that will help someone!

Sorry for my english

/ Berco / BercoMac Snowblower Motor Chute/Rotation replacement found! #2  
Now there you go, very creative sourcing of "common" parts. I don't mind when the dealer is not the cheapest but competitive but man they were really Charging for their efforts.

/ Berco / BercoMac Snowblower Motor Chute/Rotation replacement found! #3  
I don't think the dealer is necessarily overcharging for anything, they pay for parts from Bercomac and trust me it's not much less than what they sell it for. Similar to buying a bolt from an OEM - in a lot of cases you end up paying $2-3 for a simple bolt that comes in brand "xyz" packaging when it's the same thing you can get at a hardware store for $0.25. Dealers just passing it on.

Good find on a lesser expensive alternative, if you have the time/energy to source it out it's a great way to save money on a lot of different parts!! :thumbsup:

/ Berco / BercoMac Snowblower Motor Chute/Rotation replacement found! #4  
So I looked it up recently - those motors retail from Berco for around $75 so in the end the guy getting $200 for them is a little nuts! I've also heard that the chute deflector motor doesn't seem to have issues as it sheds water being mounted vertically, but the left/right direction motor has issues because it collects water. There is a new set of plates and a gasket along with an updated electrical connector kit that should fix this issue. The motor is the expensive part, it's maybe $15 for the rest of it. Your Berco dealer owes it to you for free if he's charging $200 per motor!

/ Berco / BercoMac Snowblower Motor Chute/Rotation replacement found! #5  
Hello.

After few hour spend on the net and few research, I finally find out which Electric motor Berco use for Chute & Rotation. My Berco dealer was asking $200.00 for each. It's way too much for a simple power window motor.

Berco part No: 103378
ACI/MAXAIR part No: 82296
Dorman: 742-140
Cardone: 42-104
Or other way to order them: Rear-Right windows motor for 2000 Chevrolet C2500

I paid $50.00 at my auto parts!

Also beleive Kubota snowblower use the same motor? Need to be confirmed!

Hope that will help someone!

Sorry for my english

Thanks for this information! Yes I know it is an old thread, but I have a motor for this Berco with a number on it: 16628796
It as a rubber seal behind the sprocket. It 'should' be better sealing.

/ Berco / BercoMac Snowblower Motor Chute/Rotation replacement found! #6  
Yes, Bercomac updated the motors as listed at the link below. Gasket as noted is also available there to improve water shedding:

16147 } ELECTRIC MOTOR - Salem Power Equipment, LLC

I don't see pricing as high as the referenced $200 in our Berco price history files ...

Brian
Salem Power Equipment, LLC

/ Berco / BercoMac Snowblower Motor Chute/Rotation replacement found! #7  
Yes, Bercomac updated the motors as listed at the link below. Gasket as noted is also available there to improve water shedding:

16147 } ELECTRIC MOTOR - Salem Power Equipment, LLC

I don't see pricing as high as the referenced $200 in our Berco price history files ...

Brian
Salem Power Equipment, LLC

I still think $73,- is a high price for a part that is used in a wrong way. (Before I have it here in Norway it is about double price)

But do I see right that the elecric motor is turned at it's side? At my Brecomac it is laying on it's back with the sprocket pointing upwards. That's why the water is dripping inside.
So they found out that they made those things wrong.
I have the feeling they sold prototypes the first years!
I had to update the V-belt and spanner allready because the V-belt was ripping up to the sprocket of the toothed belt. I have a smaller pulley and v-belt now.
It still eats V-belts because of the ice that is building up in the housing.

This thing costed me a fortune and it is more often not working than that I can blow snow with it.
Have to say that the dealer who sold it has done a good job with sending parts (partley under warranty). The dealer don't excist anymore so I have more difficulties to get hands on parts. I'm affraid the dealer is bankrupt because of the warranty claims from the Breakomacs he sold.

/ Berco / BercoMac Snowblower Motor Chute/Rotation replacement found! #8  
So I looked it up recently - those motors retail from Berco for around $75 so in the end the guy getting $200 for them is a little nuts! I've also heard that the chute deflector motor doesn't seem to have issues as it sheds water being mounted vertically, but the left/right direction motor has issues because it collects water. There is a new set of plates and a gasket along with an updated electrical connector kit that should fix this issue. The motor is the expensive part, it's maybe $15 for the rest of it. Your Berco dealer owes it to you for free if he's charging $200 per motor!
Hello, I know this is a very old post but I had a question. I've replaced my chute motors twice now with Berco replacements. I've taken them apart to troubleshoot and the last one had something to do with the brushes. One side did not have continuity. Couldn't fix because the corrosion was so bad. is there a complete brush kit for these motors? Has anyone tried a different motor with success?