Bercomac front mount snowblower "off season" storage

/ Bercomac front mount snowblower "off season" storage #1  

JRTJH

Bronze Member
I've got a Bercomac mid PTO front mount snowblower that's about 4 seasons old. In the past, I've put it on snowmobile ski rollers, but this year, when mounting the blower to my tractor, I got the "hammer smack to my forehead" and thought, "Why don't I build a storage rack with wheels on it so I can move this thing without it tipping on everything from a leaf to a small pebble as I push it across the pole barn concrete floor???"

So, I'm in the planning stages for building either a wood rack (it's always stored inside) or a wood rack with wheels from Harbor Freight or Tractor Supply so I can just push it to the front of the tractor and make moving it easier, not to mention trying to line it up to fit the mounts on the tractor....

Any ideas on what's easy to build and works well? I really don't want to invent and re-invent if I can avoid it.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you, your family and all your friends !!!!!

/ Bercomac front mount snowblower "off season" storage #2  
I just made up a plywood platform and put wheels on it for my blower, sure makes things easy .

/ Bercomac front mount snowblower "off season" storage #3  
I've got a Bercomac mid PTO front mount snowblower that's about 4 seasons old. In the past, I've put it on snowmobile ski rollers, but this year, when mounting the blower to my tractor, I got the "hammer smack to my forehead" and thought, "Why don't I build a storage rack with wheels on it so I can move this thing without it tipping on everything from a leaf to a small pebble as I push it across the pole barn concrete floor???"

So, I'm in the planning stages for building either a wood rack (it's always stored inside) or a wood rack with wheels from Harbor Freight or Tractor Supply so I can just push it to the front of the tractor and make moving it easier, not to mention trying to line it up to fit the mounts on the tractor....

Any ideas on what's easy to build and works well? I really don't want to invent and re-invent if I can avoid it.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you, your family and all your friends !!!!!
I built a real heavy duty swivel wheel dolly for my 3pt Heavy Hitch that’s loaded with 16 suitcase weights. Makes the outfit real easy to store out of the way or very quickly switch from one tractor to another. I was just going to buy a 4 wheeled dolly but couldn’t find one heavy or tall enough to suit my needs. I salvaged the wood from a hd shipping pallet that my JD loader and bucket came on. If you need castors I would highly recommend you check out Castor HQ available on Amazon. USA made castors of any size and style and less money than the imported one they sell at farm stores.

Attachments

• 7122F7CD-8DCC-4AAB-8202-C97FF4EA9183.jpeg
    7122F7CD-8DCC-4AAB-8202-C97FF4EA9183.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 102
  • C37B429E-E699-4F4E-A173-0A03D03EB74E.jpeg
    C37B429E-E699-4F4E-A173-0A03D03EB74E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 91
  • C604DB9F-A0BF-430A-9960-081357416051.jpeg
    C604DB9F-A0BF-430A-9960-081357416051.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 97
  • F201F613-012C-47D1-89C0-49AF908679A4.jpeg
    F201F613-012C-47D1-89C0-49AF908679A4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 88
  • 0B1D866F-5E7D-4EE1-9E68-C1CBE100521F.jpeg
    0B1D866F-5E7D-4EE1-9E68-C1CBE100521F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
   / Bercomac front mount snowblower "off season" storage #4  
As long as the weight isn't too much the easiest way to go is to get two Harbor Freight furniture dollies and piece of plywood. I did this for my three point blower when I had it and do it now for my front blade, my mower deck and my log splitter.

/ Bercomac front mount snowblower "off season" storage #5  
X3 on the Harbor Freight dollies and plywood or planks connecting them. I used 2 of the medium sized dollies and screwed 1x4 decking across them for my 550lb 3 point blower. I used some small RV type screw jacks to hold the blower level, but next time I take the blower off the dollie I'm going to add some 4x4 cribbing to the dollie.

/ Bercomac front mount snowblower "off season" storage
Thanks all. Sorry that I haven't posted a response sooner, but with the snow we've had, I've been using the snow blower for its "intended purpose". Roughly 36" of snow in the past 5 days and now we're having a warm-up for a couple of days, so it was either "move it while it's still powder or wait until spring for the ice to melt"... Now that's done so back to thinking about how to store the blower this spring. I do like the idea of HF wood dollies with a platform attached to them. I've got some 2x8's left over from another project, so I'll pick up some HF dollies on the next trip to Alpena and start playing with some ideas on the all too frequent "bad weather days"... Thanks again and I'll post some photos of what I come up with in the spring.

/ Bercomac front mount snowblower "off season" storage #7  
You might be overthinking this.

I simply bought 3 harbor freight dollies. I place two under the edges of my blower, and one under the stand that keeps it level. A board tying all of them together is overkill as the snowblower serves the same purpose as the board. Plus, with no extra board it's really easy to stack and store the dollies when not in use, as opposed to having a board with dollies that has the same size footprint as the snowblower.

This is my approach for all of my implements. I have about 6 HF dollies that I just throw under the corner of each implement (snowblower, bucket, box blade, etc.) when I need to store/move them. When not in use, the dollies get stacked in a corner.