Beretta Px4 Storm Compact .40

/ Beretta Px4 Storm Compact .40 #1  

malwayne55

Tractor
1986 JD 755 (MFWD, PS, HST, Loader).
I am considering purchasing the Beretta Px4 Storm Compact .40 for concealed carry and for protection when out on my property. Does anyone have any plus or minus opinions and/or experience on/with this unit? It will probably be my last handgun purchase for quite a while and I want to avoid as many pitfalls as possible in deciding on which make/model to buy. Thanks in advance.

/ Beretta Px4 Storm Compact .40 #2  
I was not aware that baretta was was now making tractors, and how do you plan on carrying/ concealing one?

/ Beretta Px4 Storm Compact .40 #3  
I am considering purchasing the Beretta Px4 Storm Compact .40 for concealed carry and for protection when out on my property. Does anyone have any plus or minus opinions and/or experience on/with this unit? It will probably be my last handgun purchase for quite a while and I want to avoid as many pitfalls as possible in deciding on which make/model to buy. Thanks in advance.

I have a Px4 Storm Compact in 9mm. Basically the same gun in a different caliber. It has been my carry gun for years now and I like it a lot. The ergonomics are quite good, it shoots as accurately as I can, and it has been 100% reliable. The only time I ever had a problem with it was when the recoil spring started to wear out and it started opening the breech prematurely. Even then, it still functioned reliably, it just shot some hot gas at my face every now and then.

I think that if you are looking for a polymer frame DA/SA, this gun is a good choice. That being said, what don't I like about it? For one thing, accessories are somewhat hard to find. Not impossible, but not as prevalent as, for example, a Glock or a 1911. Can I find a holster for it? Sure. But there is zero chance of the latest-and-greatest accessories being made for this gun. For example, you still can't get a Crimson Trace for it, or at least you couldn't the last time I checked, even though the gun has changeable backstraps, which would be perfect for a Crimson Trace.

If I had it all to do over again, I would consider a striker-fired gun, because I have come to believe that the consistent trigger pull may be more important than I thought it was when I first made this purchase. I like the external safety on the gun, and I'm not sure I'm willing to give that up, though. Another choice would be a single-action carried cocked-and-locked, but unless you want a 1911, there aren't very many of those out there. I don't like the way Glocks feel in my hand, but I have looked long and hard at XD pistols.

PS: Maybe a mod should move this to Front Porch?