Berta Flail Mower vs Del Morino Brush Mower

/ Berta Flail Mower vs Del Morino Brush Mower
I ended up ordering a flail mower a few weeks ago, I've been so busy I haven't had the chance to use it until the other day. It is working great, rips right through really tall grass and weeds. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

This was my first time using the G107d in front mounted mode so it took me a little bit to figure it all out. So far reversing the handle bars is the only thing i don't like about the Grillo. Reversing the handlebars seems a lot easier on a BCS. The Grillo isn't very complicated, but you do have to take apart the gear levers and move the reverse shifter from the top hole to the bottom. Also, the PTO lockout bolt has to be switched around and for me, the clutch lever had to be loosened because spinning the handle bars tightened the cable.

It is not that big of a deal, but i will have to try and figure out if there is a way to avoid having to adjust the clutch lever each time. Also, I am tempted to leave off the PTO lockout bolt that won't let you engage reverse while using PTO. It would make switching handle bar positions easier and make mowing easier in some spots.

I just got back from clearing some tall brush with the flail mower. This thing is really impressive, it has exceeded all my expectations on what it can do! I couldn't find many videos showing it cutting thick brush, so i wasn't quite sure if it would be as good as a normal brush hog, but when using it today I was able to mow right through huge stands of saplings like it was cutting grass. I hit a few small lose rocks and it tossed them out in front without much force, and didn't make much of a racket at all. At first I was going to just cut a few trails, but i was having such a good time i ended up clearing some nice wide areas that I hope to plant gardens in next year.

Also, I was able to find a happy medium for the clutch lever adjustment between front and rear pto mode.

/ Berta Flail Mower vs Del Morino Brush Mower #13  
I just got a Grillo 107d and have about 5 hours with it.

I have the 26 inch brush mower. Did you leave off the PTO lockout bolt that won't let you engage reverse while using PTO? If so, does that let you engage the mower while in reverse?

Do you have the 20, 24 or 26 inch flail mower?

I understand what you mean about having a good time with this machine.

Congrats on your new Grillo, it is a great tractor.
I didn't try leaving out the PTO lockout bolt. I wasn't sure if it would damage the transmission or not. Maybe someone here could shed some light on this?

I have the 26" flail mower. The G107d seems to handle it just fine, I was even able to mow some really steep terrain that would have been impossible with a riding tractor.

/ Berta Flail Mower vs Del Morino Brush Mower #15  
I ended up ordering a flail mower a few weeks ago, I've been so busy I haven't had the chance to use it until the other day. It is working great, rips right through really tall grass and weeds. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

This was my first time using the G107d in front mounted mode so it took me a little bit to figure it all out. So far reversing the handle bars is the only thing i don't like about the Grillo. Reversing the handlebars seems a lot easier on a BCS. The Grillo isn't very complicated, but you do have to take apart the gear levers and move the reverse shifter from the top hole to the bottom. Also, the PTO lockout bolt has to be switched around and for me, the clutch lever had to be loosened because spinning the handle bars tightened the cable.

It is not that big of a deal, but i will have to try and figure out if there is a way to avoid having to adjust the clutch lever each time. Also, I am tempted to leave off the PTO lockout bolt that won't let you engage reverse while using PTO. It would make switching handle bar positions easier and make mowing easier in some spots.

I just got back from clearing some tall brush with the flail mower. This thing is really impressive, it has exceeded all my expectations on what it can do! I couldn't find many videos showing it cutting thick brush, so i wasn't quite sure if it would be as good as a normal brush hog, but when using it today I was able to mow right through huge stands of saplings like it was cutting grass. I hit a few small lose rocks and it tossed them out in front without much force, and didn't make much of a racket at all. At first I was going to just cut a few trails, but i was having such a good time i ended up clearing some nice wide areas that I hope to plant gardens in next year.

Also, I was able to find a happy medium for the clutch lever adjustment between front and rear pto mode.

I just got a Grillo 107d and have about 5 hours with it.

I have the 26 inch brush mower. Did you leave off the PTO lockout bolt that won't let you engage reverse while using PTO? If so, does that let you engage the mower while in reverse?

Do you have the 20, 24 or 26 inch flail mower?

I understand what you mean about having a good time with this machine.

Congrats on your new Grillo, it is a great tractor.
I didn't try leaving out the PTO lockout bolt. I wasn't sure if it would damage the transmission or not. Maybe someone here could shed some light on this?

I have the 26" flail mower. The G107d seems to handle it just fine, I was even able to mow some really steep terrain that would have been impossible with a riding tractor.

============================================================================================================================================================

Greetings Frontyardfarm and Joecoin,

I want to welcome you as the newest members of the "Flail Mower Nation".

Even though you have smaller Italian Flail Mowers they still Kick Azz and you
will be very happy with them and the build quality of them.

Do not hesitate to go over old ground that has winter killed or died back from
heavy frost as that will stop the weeds and weed trees frm coming back into
full growth this coming summer.

Just be sure to keep the bearings greased every tim you use it and be sure to check that
the bearing housings fo not have anything wrapped around them that can overheat the
flail mowers rotor bearings.

Keep the rear roller greased too if it has bearings.

Thanks Leonz, I appreciate the welcome and your advice. I have been staying up on the checking all the fluids and grease fittings.

An update on the clutch lever problem i was having; I found that when I was reversing the handlebars on the Grillo the clutch cable was getting stressed by the l bracket on the handlebars. It is fine now that I know what was causing it.
I found a really helpful video on how to reverse the handlebars if anyone is interested. Changing PTO Positions on a Grillo Tractor - YouTube