BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp?

/ BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp? #11  
That thought crosses my mind at that price point...

/ BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp? #12  
Smokeydog posted some kind of sliding clamp in ArlyA's welding table thread. Surely he did not butcher a pricey Bessey???

/ BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp? #13  
Bessey is the benchmark but Strong Hands is a very good product as well for a lot less $$. Strong Hands actually has a little more to offer.

/ BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp?
Side-bar...

Can any give a review is these HF welding clamps?

www.harborfreight.com

12 in. F-Style Welding Clamp

Amazing deals on this 12In F-Style Welding Clamp at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.
www.harborfreight.com
www.harborfreight.com

/ BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp? #15  
For up to 4" material I like the Malco Eagle Grip clamps. Very smooth, grab and release easy and made in the US. At the moment they're backordered at my usual sources though...... The 8" version of that Bessey clamp looks handy.

/ BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp? #16  
I tried a couple of HF's previous F clamps, wasn't impressed - I've NOT tried the Bergers, but I've been dealing with HF since they only had mail order stores, and I've come to the conclusion that whatever they CLAIM should usually be divided by 2 and you should be OK - I know I'm a bit pushy about Stronghand, but that's because they've NEVER disappointed me. I also know their prices have gone up since I bought most of mine, but I just discovered a way to STILL get a good price -

The following link takes you to an Amazon "overstock" clamp that is the 8" version that I have several of, but WITHOUT the "4 in 1" kit - ALL of mine came with the kit, but the kits are available for around $10, and in my experience a couple of the kits would be all you need - at $27 each the basic clamps would be a bit cheaper (and more believable) than most stuff from HF...

Another thing I noticed - HF's cost comparison on their Berger (CLAIMED 1600 lb) is compared to the Stronghand 12" 2400 lb clamp (not an uncommon trick)

Amazon's "overstock" items tend not to last, so if you're interested I wouldn't wait too long... Steve

/ BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp? #17  
Where do you guys buy your BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamps? They sure are pricey! View attachment 840976
I bought mine just like it at Airgas. But that was years ago. Also I buy stuff from Amazon more and more, and a few things from Ebay much cheaper. Look for the Strong Hand alternative. It's generally about as well built and cheaper.

/ BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp? #18  
BTW, I just ordered 4 of the above (no such thing as too many clamps) :cool:

Anyone who wants more than ONE at the low price, do NOT choose the "pack" - typical Amazon trick, different sellers, etc - instead, stay with the $26 and just change the QUANTITY... Steve

Example - if you choose the 4 pack, your cost will be $258 - I chose the single ($26.80) and chose quantity of 4 - my TOTAL was $108

Here's the 4 in 1 kit for 3/8" tapped holes in all but the lightest duty clamps ($9)

Last edited:
   / BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp? #19  
Side-bar...

Can any give a review is these HF welding clamps?

www.harborfreight.com

12 in. F-Style Welding Clamp

Amazing deals on this 12In F-Style Welding Clamp at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.
www.harborfreight.com
www.harborfreight.com
I have 2 of the Berger clamps I bought a number of years ago. They are actually pretty decent, not as nice as my Strong hands or Bessy, but for the money they have held up well. I figured if I needed to abuse or modify a clamp it would be easier on me mentally to do it to a cheaper one.

/ BESSEY Sliding Arm Locking Clamp?
I have 2 of the Berger clamps I bought a number of years ago. They are actually pretty decent, not as nice as my Strong hands or Bessy, but for the money they have held up well. I figured if I needed to abuse or modify a clamp it would be easier on me mentally to do it to a cheaper one.
I did get two.