Best bang for buck?

/ Best bang for buck? #11  
I purchased a new Deere (4310) 2 years ago. At the time several friends told me this about Deere:

"You can buy better, but you can't pay more."

My brother bought a Kubota 3400 a few months prior to my purchase and after comparing prices, I feel that I actually got more bang for the buck than he did.

I looked at the Chinese tractors, but in the final analysis decided to go with a more well known name. I also feel that having a great dealer nearby is of vital importance.

I think the best advice is to take your time, try many different makes and models, and in the end, decide what is best for your situation.

/ Best bang for buck?
Thanks for all of the responses. Yesterday I went and looked at a FarmTrac 360DTC with FEL. Dealer was closed, but went and sat on it. Looks to be a pretty nice tractor. Maybe next weekend I will get time to go test drive a few. I would think year end pricing might be starting in the next month or two. I am open to any brand, but would like a dealer pretty close. Dealers in the immediate area of me deal JD, NH, Mahindra, Kubota, and Farm Trac.

/ Best bang for buck? #13  
There are a number of good deals to be had in the big three or four as well. This is particularly the case if you are fine with one of the economy models.

Good choices in my opinion are the Kubota L3400, L4400, JD790 and JD990.

If you want HST, the L3400 is the only one in the lot that qualifies - even still at a great price as a result of the lack of other luxuries.

In my opinion, these four - and in particular - the L4400 and JD990 - offer the best value for your tractor buck for a new purchase.

In your situation, I would also recommend you keep in mind what you are going to need long term - after the house is built. If you need something bigger just for the building phase then rent or contract out.

Good luck.

/ Best bang for buck? #14  
I felt I got the best bang for the buck when I purchased my 4x4 55hp Kama. I saved an obscene amount of money over similar hp big 3 brands. On top of that, I now have over 250 hours on it. At the price I paid for it, I've already gotten more than my money's worth compared to what it cost to hire the work out.

/ Best bang for buck? #15  
Whyen I started looking for my tractor, I thought used would be the way to go...as I got into it, I realized that, for the work I was going to be doing (breaking 5 acres, from straight prarie) something with warranty would be a better option. Went to NH first, then to JD... ended-up with a new 2210 from JD, with everything I needed, for attachments. They had their year-end incentives going, on that model. I have not been dissapointed! The most important thing, however, is this... my JD dealer treats my like GOLD! I sometimes think I am their only customer! With the amount of money you are potentially going to spend, your dealer’s attitude towards you should be extremely high on your list of must haves, regardless of brand!

By the way, I love my 2210.
Scott

/ Best bang for buck? #16  
3RRL said:
I felt I got the best bang for the buck when I purchased my 4x4 55hp Kama. I saved an obscene amount of money over similar hp big 3 brands. On top of that, I now have over 250 hours on it. At the price I paid for it, I've already gotten more than my money's worth compared to what it cost to hire the work out.

And, you know, I really do believe you. My only issue has been that when I've seriously considered a Chinese made tractor, the one I was looking to buy was gone and the "other" one that replaced it just wasn't right. I guess I'm saying that I've seen the quality vary quite a bit between two tractors that should have been the exact same. You only confirmed my theory that a "good one" can indeed be a darn decent buy.

/ Best bang for buck? #17  
I think the Kubota L4400, 4wd is one of the best deals out there. No frills. no bells and whistles, just a good, sturdy powerful CUT at a good price from a good manufacturer. It only comes as a straight gear drive. I paid less than $19,000 with the FEL. I suspect this compares well with comparable Chinese tractors of similar hp and configuration.

/ Best bang for buck? #18  
I would also recommend looking at Branson and TYM if available to you - Good heavy machines with great loaders.

/ Best bang for buck? #19  
The Kubota 3400 and 4400 seem to be good deals. I considered both. The 4400 was too big dimensionally and the 3400 seemed too small. I wound up with a Massey Ferguson. Mahindra looks to be better made now than in the past. Check all of them and get one that fits you best. If you think you will need warranty and service a lot, I wouldn't go Chinese. If you like to mechanic and do-it-yourself Chinese may fit well and save you some money.