Best compact tractor for around 15K

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #22  
Just my thoughts but there are lots of nice tractors in that price range (depending on whether you are talking just tractor or tractor and all the stuff...that gets much harder). Anyway a few years ago I needed a compact tractor and just couldnt spend the 20k that JD and Kubota wanted for the 28 or so hp I thought I needed. I bought Branson. Its been a great tractor, never failed me. Now the but. The local dealer stopped carrying the line now the closest one is over 50 miles away in another state. I think the decision is a balance between the machine that fits your needs and and a dealer/brand you can depend on (unless you are handy or dont plan on keeping it long term). Thats the risk of the 2nd tier, not in quality, but brand strength and dealerships of tractors. Is the extra $5k worth the name and therefore the dealer? Thats up to you but if I look back I "might" have bought a smaller or less flexible/capable tractor with the big name to avoid hunting for a dealer out of state or hours away in order to hit my price point. Now understand that is because I feel I have more tractor than I need, certainly more than I have ever used. That is not always the case so you have to be careful if you go too small to get the "right" color paint.

Phil in West by God.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #23  
I'll second the request for more details on what you are planning to do with your new landscaping tractor. If you are just mowing then the lighter weight Kubotas have a lot going for them. If you are planning on tasks that involve loader or ground engagement work then the heavier Kioti CK20 with the more powerful loader would be my choice. I owned one and loved it. Great bang for the buck and great performance.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #24  
The kubota B series will fit your demands very well, i owned/operated several of them in my business over the years. They are light enough to trailer with ease and powerful enough to get the job done!

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #25  
Montana

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #26  
Buy used.......you will get a lot more for your money!!!!! Lots of good tractors for sale now. Both of our tractors are used. Paid about 2/3 of what they were brand new. One thing I would be careful of.......is buying to small. If you are going to use it for a business you might oversize it a little to take the daily chores better.

JD 770 / 70 FEL / 7 BH - 425 AWS / 54" MMM / 54" FMP