Comparison Best Garden tractor

/ Best Garden tractor #11  
You could get a decent kubota b7100 hst, 4x4 for around $2000. I know because that what I sold mine for. It will out work any garden tractor plus it's got limited slip. 3pt hitch, diesel that sips fuel, ground clearance. Mine was the newer, post 1996 version.
I know the deere 318 and the 400 series are considered the best garden tractors ever made, but a b7100 is at least 5 times the tractor they are, cheaper too!

I think the b7100hsd for $2000 would be a very good deal, problem is finding one for that price. I haven't looked for a used garden tractor lately but I would have snapped that up when shopping in 2010. That is a nice garden tractor for sure. While I like it I don't think it is 5 times better than any thing else on the market. I don't think it is better than my x749 for instance. anyone know where the OP can find a good deal on any of these should chime in.

/ Best Garden tractor #12  
On my way to work every day I see a Kubota G1800 with a deck and a blower for around 3 grand ,, If I didn't already have one I'd buy it in a moment...

/ Best Garden tractor #13  
What do you plan to do with it?

/ Best Garden tractor #14  
Recently was looking myself. I determined if you need a lawn tractor you plan to keep a while, nothing under $3000 is a worth a ****. Look at the diesel Kubota or maybe the JD 7XX series. Also it seems that Simplicity makes a decent garden tractor as well.

/ Best Garden tractor #15  
Deere 1023E. Has a real pto, real drawbar, a scv and a real three point hitch. FWD diesel for not any more $$$ than for some lawn mowers.
Tractor will take a loader, snowblower, run a pto generator when the power goes out. Enough weight and power to do some work too.

/ Best Garden tractor #16  
Deere 1023E. Has a real pto, real drawbar, a scv and a real three point hitch. FWD diesel for not any more $$$ than for some lawn mowers.
Tractor will take a loader, snowblower, run a pto generator when the power goes out. Enough weight and power to do some work too.

I agree with most of this but would say that I like the 4x4ws on my x749 better than the 1023 without it. The limited 3ph, 540 rear pto, genset capability and snow blower capabilities seem to make these very close in abilities. Some would prefer having a fel others prefer a tighter turning radius and hydraulic 4x4 with less scuffing in turns. Guess that is why they make a variety of choices.

/ Best Garden tractor #17  
Have to wonder if there are parts common to both the x700 series of tractors and the 1 series ? That engine, layout and transmission look very similar.

/ Best Garden tractor #18  
Before you make another post about the X series and 1000 series being similar, put down the brochures, get off the computer, and actually go look them over. You'll see that they are much more different than similar. Yes they use the same engine, but so does an international school bus and ford 3/4 ton pick up. Your posts serve to spread misinformation, and I don't really appreciate it.

/ Best Garden tractor #19  
I thought he was looking for a Garden Tractor? Does he want a SCUT?

/ Best Garden tractor #20  
Before you make another post about the X series and 1000 series being similar, put down the brochures, get off the computer, and actually go look them over. You'll see that they are much more different than similar. Yes they use the same engine, but so does an international school bus and ford 3/4 ton pick up. Your posts serve to spread misinformation, and I don't really appreciate it.

I've been to the dealership within the past two weeks actually. That is where the similarity became stronger. I'm curious how there is such a hard and divisive line between owners of the X700's and 1000 series tractors?