best legal research sites

/ best legal research sites #1  

wasabi

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT2445 and PT1850
I could sure use some good ole TBN help.

I have a hearing coming up fairly soon against my long-trusted (but now former), insurance company. The story is long, and for obvious reasons not one to detail at this time. Suffice to say that I am fighting a frivolous, but quite serious (automotive related) suit where the immediate legal issue boils down to testing the definition of an insurance company's "Duty to Defend". (Incredibly, after literally decades of loyal, extended family patronage, they are denying coverage, duty to defend and cancelled all policies).

I am searching for compelling case law (preferrably in SC) supporting the assumption that an insurer has a duty to defend an action against an insured if the issue(s) at hand fall(s) "within the four corners of the complaint", irrespective of merits, or lack thereof.

Any suggestions for sites to search, references or suggestions appreciated.

Thx, Sabi

/ best legal research sites #3  
Wasabi, I'd try this site, enter your state and "Duty to Defend" for a search phrase.

/ best legal research sites #4  
Go to following website. Conduct a search for "Duty to Defend." Dozens of related links, including case law references, will pop up....some of which may be helpful in your research.

Best of luck to you....

Find Law -- Duty to Defend

....Bob

/ best legal research sites
Dean, Bird and Bob...thanks much for responding with good links....I've now much reading, searching and researching to do...I appreciate your help! Sabi