Best mid size tractor to buy

/ Best mid size tractor to buy #1  

brow1033

Tractor
Mahindra 3510
What is the best mid size tractor on the market today that will not OVERHEAT and can be relied upon. I stay on my tractor religiously with maintanence and am ready to move on to another model...My mahidra 3510 isn't cutting it with the overheating.

/ Best mid size tractor to buy #3  
The other red ones, Massey Ferguson. 1540 or 1533 would do it.

/ Best mid size tractor to buy #4  
What is the best mid size tractor on the market today that will not OVERHEAT and can be relied upon. I stay on my tractor religiously with maintanence and am ready to move on to another model...My mahidra 3510 isn't cutting it with the overheating.
I was orginally going to buy a Mahindra 4110 and glad I did not after speaking to a girl(brenda)in Mahindras customer service area in Tomball Texas,after her conversation with me and her rudeness spoke volumes on how there customer service was going to be after I bought a Mahindra.I would say Kubota,deere,massey,Kioti,case,new holland,to name a few.Look at & drive all of them,then research all the tractors on this website that you might be interested in buying.coobie

Last edited:
   / Best mid size tractor to buy #5  
In my opinion and many others, judgeing by resale value, the best mid-size tractors are the "big 2": John Deere and Kubota. That said, I have heard of several complaints from Kubota owners about overheating, but none from JD, so green would probably be your best bet. To be fair, these might be isolated incedents affecting only certain models, and the odds are also very good that you would not have a problem with an orange tractor. I cant make my 43 hp JD run hot even while cutting thick bush all day long in the summer with a 6 ft cutter and a radiator screen that could use cleaning.

/ Best mid size tractor to buy #7  
In my opinion and many others, judgeing by resale value, the best mid-size tractors are the "big 2": John Deere and Kubota.

there is more than two... :confused:

Have a look at MF, our 1523 did not overheat once, and we worked it hard last year. Will again this year. :)

/ Best mid size tractor to buy #8  
You can probably see that there really is just a "big 2", simply by looking at the viewership of the various brand forums on this site at any given time. Kubota and JD are almost always way more popular than the others. I have never seen more folks on MF than these two, or even close for that matter. I wont argue that MF is not a good tractor, as are all the other brands listed here, but it would be quite a stretch to rank them as "best".

/ Best mid size tractor to buy #9  
You can probably see that there really is just a "big 2", simply by looking at the viewership of the various brand forums on this site at any given time. Kubota and JD are almost always way more popular than the others. I have never seen more folks on MF than these two, or even close for that matter. I wont argue that MF is not a good tractor, as are all the other brands listed here, but it would be quite a stretch to rank them as "best".

"Best is hard to define, but "most popular" is entirely different from "best" and seldom means the same thing. What is best to one person isn't to another. That's the primary reason brands other than Deere and Kubota survive and in some cases, thrive. Also, this website isn't the center of the tractor universe as some would think. Depending on the OP's definition of mid size tractor, tractorbynet may not even be the best place to ask the question.

/ Best mid size tractor to buy #10  
In my opinion and many others, judgeing by resale value, the best mid-size tractors are the "big 2": John Deere and Kubota.

No doubt those are good tractors but you need to consider acquisition cost as well as resale value. JD and Kubota are the most expensive brands at all horsepower levels. If you intend to sell the tractor then buy a used one of any brand and you'll benefit from either the high resale of JD, Kubota or the higher initial depreciation of the other capable brands. If you don't intend to sell then you might be better off buying a value brand for the lower initial cost. There are a number of other perfectly capable tractor brands other than JD and Kubota that offer great value.