Best Mountain Tractor?

/ Best Mountain Tractor? #151  
wstr75 said:
Island, I read all 15 pages of this thread and there were repeated references to Unimog, so I decided to post a link. Yes, its not much of a tractor replacement, but it does do some tractor work. For example, the Unimog web site says that in the U.K., farm tractors can not do any roadside work. They use the Unimog with boom mowers to do the road side mowing.
Bill in NC

Don't misunderstand me, I'd personally love to have a Unimog it's just that your question seemed to indicate it was a tractor and that characterization doesn't do justice to either CUTs or the Unimog. It has big tires, a PTO and can use a variety of very expensive implements but those are the only similarities.

/ Best Mountain Tractor? #152  
Hands Down!
The Antonio Carraro tractors are the best mountain and slope tractors you can get for over all safety. They are the only ones designed specifically for it. There are a ton of modified conventionals out there, but when it comes down to it balance, weight distribution, and specific design intention is what will save the life of the average user. For thoses who are more experienced maybe a modified conventional is OK, but out where I'm at I hear about even the most expereinced operators and farmers having close calls all the time. There's no need and no reason for it. A guy doesn't have to put his life at risk to do slope work if he knows these tractors exsist.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/paulawood/MyPictures0042.jpg

/ Best Mountain Tractor? #153  
Sorry guys,
The only one origin Mountain tractor are made in Austria, not Italy like Antonio Carraro. Try REFORM MOUNTY 100V. Here is the link REFORM » Reform