best oil

/ best oil #1  

hartwick

I have a cc yanmar ex 2900 the owners manual says to use 10/40 & the dealer tells me only use 15/40 . anybody have an opinion on the best oil to use

/ best oil #2  
My Montana / LS tractor (Mitsubishi engine) states to use 10/30 Diesel oil; that is what I use. My manual has a temperature chart that you can use to pick the best oil grade depending on you ambient temperature (i.e. Florida vs Canadian temperatures).

This is from the Mitsubishi engine operators manual (not LS or Montana); the graphics pretty much explain it :laughing:

Mitsubishi engine oil.JPG

/ best oil #3  
Not another oil war! Rotella T 15w40 Use in everything from Atv, motorcycle, truck and tractor.

/ best oil #4  
You wouldn't happen to be from Hartwick NY would you?

/ best oil
thats were my getaway is yes:)

/ best oil
the rotella 15/40 sounds good thanks

/ best oil #7  
I have a cc yanmar ex 2900 the owners manual says to use 10/40 & the dealer tells me only use 15/40 . anybody have an opinion on the best oil to use

use a c rated oil that meets your temp / climate range.

much of the us is 15w40.. northern areas will be 10-30 and in some extreme hot areas I have seen 40w straight.. though it's not good for moderate climates due to wear on starting.. IE.. 15w40 being better..e tc.

soundguy

/ best oil #8  
Pretty much any of the diesel rated oils- I use Rotella-T 15w40 because I used it in fleet applications and it was great. There's also Castrol and Mobil Delvac and others. As long as they meet specifications they are all good, use a decent filter and change every 100 hours and they will all work fine.

/ best oil
its a small town had my place there for 25 years. its a great town. I am by gulf road up the road from the vets club