Best pipe for sump pump outlet

/ Best pipe for sump pump outlet #11  
JB do you have any pictures of the outside of the house? Is the pipe stubbed then a 4" run started 4" away below frost depth?

Thanks

I don't think I have any pictures of outside like that, first of all like I said rarely do I put them under ground. Often times I drill thru the foundation wall about a foot above the ground and come straight out with no elbow, about 18 inches of 1.5 thru the wall and about 4 ft long pc of 4 inch sleeved over it, not pretty but effective.
That has to be done on the side of the house that the topography allows for the water to run away from the house, even just a little pitch is all that is needed.

If you are going underground then the way Deere Dude describes below is the way to go, I have done them just like that on occasion, but have no pics. My shop has a small basement and that's how the sump's discharge comes out. It only goes 20 ft under a driveway and spills into a swale.
Mine is only about a foot deep, but if you are going a long distance and live in a freeze zone I would go lower, if you can go below the frost line that would be ideal, most people don't, and though true usually sump pumps are not working much in the winter.
In the early spring when the ground is still frozen, but the snow is melting and it's raining, that can create a heavy demand on the structures drainage system/ sump pump.

I may be overly cautious about the freezing thing, it doesn't happen that often, but I have seen it and I can not leave a paying customer with even a slight chance of it happening.

On mine I came out of the house and then a 90 deg down with a 1-1/2 elbow. This elbow pointed directly into a 4" standpipe which is 2" away from the house, about. Four to five inches below the surface of the ground I put a 90 deg elbow and ran the pipe toward the pond.

Freezing? My pump doesn't run when it gets really cold because the water table must drop. If it would run, I figured the pipe would drain out anyway. Some areas of the country might be different. The 4" pipe drops in elevation from 6" below surface to 18" or so at the discharge about 40-50' away. I didn't hook the 1-1'2" elbow directly to the 4" just in case it would get plugged for some reason. Then I would be able to see the spray. So far so good.

Like I mentioned, you should leave an over flow, but it should be freeze proof as well. Easiest way is leave the 1.5 a little above the 4"

This shows how a big WP franchise does it.
IceGuard Sump Pump Discharge Line System for Freezing Discharge Pipes

Good luck, JB

/ Best pipe for sump pump outlet #12  
Either 1.5 or 2" would probably do the job, until it gets blocked with ice in a low spot. I'd make sure that you have a vent at the top end (so it can completely drain) and keep the bottom open to daylight, even when the snow is 2' deep, or keep the whole thing well below frost level.
I have one 1.25" drain line (75ft long) that is below frost that has given no problem in over ten years. I have another sloped 8" steel culvert (16ft long) that drains out 12" beyond a hillside, that freezes solid every year. Until the frost is gone, its useless.

/ Best pipe for sump pump outlet #13  
I don't think I have any pictures of outside like that, first of all like I said rarely do I put them under ground. Often times I drill thru the foundation wall about a foot above the ground and come straight out with no elbow, about 18 inches of 1.5 thru the wall and about 4 ft long pc of 4 inch sleeved over it, not pretty but effective.
That has to be done on the side of the house that the topography allows for the water to run away from the house, even just a little pitch is all that is needed.

If you are going underground then the way Deere Dude describes below is the way to go, I have done them just like that on occasion, but have no pics. My shop has a small basement and that's how the sump's discharge comes out. It only goes 20 ft under a driveway and spills into a swale.
Mine is only about a foot deep, but if you are going a long distance and live in a freeze zone I would go lower, if you can go below the frost line that would be ideal, most people don't, and though true usually sump pumps are not working much in the winter.
In the early spring when the ground is still frozen, but the snow is melting and it's raining, that can create a heavy demand on the structures drainage system/ sump pump.

I may be overly cautious about the freezing thing, it doesn't happen that often, but I have seen it and I can not leave a paying customer with even a slight chance of it happening.

Like I mentioned, you should leave an over flow, but it should be freeze proof as well. Easiest way is leave the 1.5 a little above the 4"

This shows how a big WP franchise does it.
IceGuard Sump Pump Discharge Line System for Freezing Discharge Pipes

Good luck, JB

JB Thanks for the information.

I have a doublewide rental that needs something better than the cheap flex hose coming out of the crawlspace vent. This gives me some ideas.