Best place to buy filters

/ Best place to buy filters #1  

gagnon07

Tractor
new holland 555e
I have a tough time believing that a hydraulic filter for 2000 NH 555E is over $100. Anyone have a place that sells them at a more reasonable price? Thanks!

/ Best place to buy filters #2  
Try Ebay and Amazon. Maybe Rock Auto, Napa and the different auto parts stores. My dozer has 3 hydraulic filters that cost $180 each from the dealer, but on Ebay, I got them for $120 each. Amazon has most of what I need for all my stuff. Once I find them there, I search for better prices. Just because it was the best price last year, doesn't mean that I'll buy from them next year.

/ Best place to buy filters #3  
I buy most of my filters from this place. Home page Hydraulic filters can be quite expensive, depending on the application.

/ Best place to buy filters #4  
It is the main hydraulic filter and used on a lot of Ford, New Holland and Case machines. Not going to find it much cheaper AND the components it protects cost considerably more than $100.

/ Best place to buy filters #5  
It is the main hydraulic filter and used on a lot of Ford, New Holland and Case machines. Not going to find it much cheaper AND the components it protects cost considerably more than $100.
You are correct on that tractor tec. The other way to save is, I don’t just change them on a routine I change filters as they need to be changed. If it isn’t restricted don’t change it. And also there is a point at Which a used filter is filtering better than a new one, with oil or air.

/ Best place to buy filters #6  
How many times are you changing a hyd filter? Dont they have a 500-600hr service life?

/ Best place to buy filters #7  
How many times are you changing a hyd filter? Dont they have a 500-600hr service life?
With me it would depend on the dusty conditions. I have a 4330 Kubota I use around the lot always clean I get at least 500 hrs. Ole Massey I hay with I change every other year. It’s a judgement call

/ Best place to buy filters #8  
Explore options on platforms like Ebay and Amazon, and consider checking Rock Auto, Napa, and various auto parts stores. For instance, my dozer required hydraulic filters priced at $180 each from the dealer, but I found them on Ebay for $120 each. Amazon generally has a comprehensive selection for all my needs. After locating items, I recommend cross-referencing for better prices. Keep in mind that just because a supplier had the best price last year doesn't necessarily mean they'll offer the best deal the following year. Stay vigilant in your search for the most cost-effective solutions.

/ Best place to buy filters #9  
You are correct on that tractor tec. The other way to save is, I don’t just change them on a routine I change filters as they need to be changed. If it isn’t restricted don’t change it. And also there is a point at Which a used filter is filtering better than a new one, with oil or air.
I think that makes sense, but how do you know the restrictive spec? And how do you measure it?
The traditional way to measure filter load is by measuring pressure drop across the filter.
I've seen pressure drop readouts on intake air filters and on my shop vac - but never on a hydraulic filter.

rScotty