Best place to buy inexpensive reading plastics

/ Best place to buy inexpensive reading plastics #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
In another thread:
(in the other thread someone seemed aggravated I used the term reading glasses, because they are not glass)
I used to buy $3 readers, but the last batch went up to $6 or $7. I don't think they have anti-glare coating. Perhaps because my requirements have gradually changed I stopped buying the expensive $12 plastics at Walmart. I'm ROUGH on my eyeplastics. I wear them for reading and fine work. Routinely I'll break a bow off my reading plastics by snagging them on something. Partially because they are so inexpensive I keep them scattered throughout the houses, vehicles, workshops. Because I'm so rough on them it's very rare a pair gets too scratched for usage.
$1.00 Ebay reader glasses for me. I am WAAY too rough on them. I buy 10 at a crack and distribute them through the garages, work and vehicles. Keep my good pairs in the computer room and living room. I too use windshield washer fluid everywhere but in the house, there it is Dawn.

Fido is a lot like me - I lose and break my reading plastics and like to have them scattered around my shops.

My last 6 pack, bought about 2 years ago is about used up. No prescription needed (was checked a few years ago), just basic readers.

The place I bought from is no longer there. What are places that have good reputation, great prices? I need 3.0's and wide. And I realize some places overseas may be least expensive but take a while to ship.

/ Best place to buy inexpensive reading plastics #2  
If you have a Dollar Tree (the green signs, not the yellow ones), try there. I got 7 or 8 not long ago for a buck each. Picked a variety from 2.0 to 3.5 as I recall. Might have got a 4.0 also.

/ Best place to buy inexpensive reading plastics #3  
I buy safety plastics with a reading lens. Clear in the shop and tinted for driving machines or my truck.

There are a lot of online sellers, but I usually use eBay: safety diopter 3. -girl | eBay

c 3.0.jpg

t 3.0.jpg

/ Best place to buy inexpensive reading plastics #4  
I buy them at Menards when they have sales on 3 packs. My wife picked up 3 packs of glass lenses from Walmart for me. Those were better lenses and frames and were low priced too.

/ Best place to buy inexpensive reading plastics #5  
Walmart, pk of 3.. AND u get to try them on to see if u need to change the strength..

/ Best place to buy inexpensive reading plastics #6  
If you have a Dollar Tree (the green signs, not the yellow ones), try there. I got 7 or 8 not long ago for a buck each. Picked a variety from 2.0 to 3.5 as I recall. Might have got a 4.0 also.

+1

Buy them by the handful.