Posthole Digger Best PTO Post Hole Digger?

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #51  
Tim,

The Land Pride is good quality, and the price reflects it. I nearly choked when I saw what the dealer wanted for one here. They're firmly in bed with Kubota now, and loving it. Their gearboxes are made in China, the same as everyone else's. The attached pic is from my 1860 rotary cutter gearbox. The sticker had a clear plastic cover that was painted over.

I picked up a used Kubota digger (made by Auburn Consolidated Industries quite a few years ago) for about $600. Less than half of new price and it didn't need much.

The Leinbach may be fine for your use, I don't know much about the B2150. One thing to think about is how far the 2150 can lift the auger point. The 7300 Junior (I think) is made for smaller tractors with less lift height.

My L3400 can lift the BL-80 I have about a foot clear of the ground, that's with a 42" auger.

Sean

Are all of their gear boxes from China now, or is it just the smaller units like the PD10 and PD15? I thought that I had read somewhere that it was just the smaller units. :confused3:

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #52  
   / Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #53  
Would someone tell me again, why I should buy Landpride, Bush Hog, Deere or any "name brand" implement and pay 1/3 to 1/2 more for it? Ken Sweet

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #54  
Would someone tell me again, why I should buy Landpride, Bush Hog, Deere or any "name brand" implement and pay 1/3 to 1/2 more for it? Ken Sweet

Depending on the implement, you have to. The low dollar manufacturers do not make all the different sizes the the name brand guys do. So in reality you do not pay extra for it, because no one else has it. So I guess as long as you are comparing same size-weight to same size and weight, then there may not be any real good reason to buy the name brands over the economy guys. Sometimes how they are engineered is different and a person may like how one is built over the other. Not saying that one is better than the other, just different. Landscape rakes are a good example, show me a good economy landscape rake that will actually hold up. You sell Fred Cain, and to me they are one of the better landscape rakes. Is their LSR economical? Show me an economical box blade that actually is good. Waite, I think that that statement is an oxymoron. We could go on and on about this, I think that the economy implements pretty much end at the 50HP range. If you buy an economy implement for anything bigger, you best figure on not using it up to the tractors potential because it will not hold up.

Just my thoughts from what I have seen. ;)

/ Best PTO Post Hole Digger? #55  
Tim,

The Land Pride is good quality, and the price reflects it. I nearly choked when I saw what the dealer wanted for one here. They're firmly in bed with Kubota now, and loving it. Their gearboxes are made in China, the same as everyone else's. The attached pic is from my 1860 rotary cutter gearbox. The sticker had a clear plastic cover that was painted over.

I picked up a used Kubota digger (made by Auburn Consolidated Industries quite a few years ago) for about $600. Less than half of new price and it didn't need much.

The Leinbach may be fine for your use, I don't know much about the B2150. One thing to think about is how far the 2150 can lift the auger point. The 7300 Junior (I think) is made for smaller tractors with less lift height.

My L3400 can lift the BL-80 I have about a foot clear of the ground, that's with a 42" auger.

Sean

Sean, Thanks for that info, it will help whil eI'm looking around.

Unfortunately, the guy who had that Leinbach L-7200 has sold it. That was a good bargain and I'm sorry I missed it.