Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #11  
KU Gator said:
As Miller3980 said, you should lower the wheels to the lowest setting and use the little supplied ramps that hook over a lip around the mower deck. With the tractor in 4wd, it will just crawl right up and over with very little movement of the deck. As others have said, if you have room at the side of the tractor and it is on a hard surface like concrete, it is easy to slide it out from under the tractor to if you don't want to drive over it. You can lift the tractors front end off the ground with the FEL, but you don't have to.

An advantage to the B vs the BX is there is more room both to slide the deck in and out but also to reach between the tractor and the mower deck to hook up the PTO. That is the most agrivating part of the process. Getting it lined up and slid on with out that sleeve sliding forward before it hooks up. Not hard, just don't wear your favorite T-shirt while doing it.

Must agree with KU here. I drove over my deck on a very smooth concrete garage floor using the ramps. Deck didn't slide across the floor at all. Do be sure to lower the anti-scalp wheels though. The key is also to make sure that it is in four wheel drive. The deck, in my opinion, is very easy on/off. Much easier than my JDX520.

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #12  
Since I bought mine I have been using the loader and back blade alot so I have taken the mower deck off and back on each week to mow and now it only takes me a matter of a few min. Took like an hour with my old Kubota G6200.

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #13  
Okay... last question regarding my decision between a BX and B.

Which machine mows better with the mid mount mower (MMM)? :confused:

I mow tall fescue once a week. It's fairly course grass but is my lawn. If I buy a small Kubota it will primarily be used for lawn mowing. Also I want R4 tires. I like them... that's why! :laughing:

So what's the verdict when it comes to mowing? Which is best? I've read a lot on here and have even driven a BX tractor using a MMM. But I need some other's opinions on this exact question. :confused:

Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

Machine does NOT matter. The deck, blades etc do... I will but my BX cut against ANY out there...Looks like Fenway park here...

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #14  
the bx will be better if only because the lighter machine will be less tough on the grass. I can mow when the grass is drenched with my bx2360 with R4s and not leave ruts, the B would tear up my yard, if all you want to do is mow the bx will be better, the only reason to get the b is if you want to get a higher horse power and run a 72" deck imo (for grass cutting anyway, there are other advantages of the B). That said if you just want to cut grass you would be better off buying a B series without a deck to do work and a separate mower

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #15  
I had a bx 25 with a 54"fine cut deck, it did a fantastic job,I have upgraded to a b2920 and at first it would damage turf on full turns ,after aprox 8 hours on it ,it doesn;t damage turf, I think it was the new tires ,now with a bit of wear its very good ,and I thougth tractor was to big for my 1 acre property also have 5 acres second property but haven't used it there but I love it way more then the bx25, lower engine tone, no trans wine,lots more ground clearance,no hydro fan to worry about,better hydrolics (two pumps)i dont have to rev up engine to get the loader to move. but for grass cutting i think for a small property bx would be better,oh by the way there is not much difference in weight and the b2920 spreads the weight more wider tires and more tire footprint,,love the bigger wheels

/ Best quality mowing... BX2360 vs B2320 #16  
The cut from our 2620 is fantastic, just keep the blades sharp and don't use 4WD.

I remove the deck from my 2620 a couple of times a month. I don't have any hard surfaces around so I use a couple of 2x4s for a ramp, the metal ramps pushed into the ground too far so I only did that once. The whole process of installing and removing is quick but the PTO installation can be annoying.