Mowing Best RPM

/ Best RPM
I run my engine at 2,000 rpm when using my Woods BB720X which is slower than the 2500 rpm 540 PTO speed. The increased blade tip speed of running the PTO at 540 doesn't seem to effect the result and the engine in my tractor makes good power at 2,000 rpm.

Eric Ha, Looks like your from my home state of MN but I now reside in east Texas. FWIW got out there today had ran about 2200 and she went through that tall grass with a full cut and she breezed through it like nothing at all. Like I had said previously, this Kioti DS3510 tractor really surprises me what it can do with what HP she has.

/ Best RPM #12  
Thanks again guys for the info y'all been very helpful with the questions I asked.

buickanddeere, "Some people are bored . They try to imagine a crisis and then imagine a solution."

I'm not quite sure what you meant with that one.

Those people who think their machine being operated at rated rpms is going to use vast amounts of fuel, wear out in a few hours or blowup.

/ Best RPM #13  
Those people who think their machine being operated at rated rpms is going to use vast amounts of fuel, wear out in a few hours or blowup.

What are you doing over here, anyway; don't see any tractors but Deere in your signature. They run you off of YT or what? :rolleyes:

/ Best RPM #14  
What are you doing over here, anyway; don't see any tractors but Deere in your signature. They run you off of YT or what? :rolleyes:

Many of us browse the new threads search and don't take notice of what forum a particular thread is in if we have some knowledge about the subject.

/ Best RPM #15  
Many of us browse the new threads search and don't take notice of what forum a particular thread is in if we have some knowledge about the subject.

I understand that but, like smokeys427 I did not see the sense of it :confused: b&d was either upping his post count or just venting :confused3: The guy asked a legitimate question so why 'dis' him?

/ Best RPM #16  
I understand that but, like smokeys427 I did not see the sense of it :confused: b&d was either upping his post count or just venting :confused3: The guy asked a legitimate question so why 'dis' him?

Beats me?! :confused3: Maybe he had a bad morning? Maybe his wife yelled at him before he finished? :D

/ Best RPM #17  
I just bought a Ford 4610 SU and a nice 6' Brown Brush Cutter. I run my Ford @ around 1800 RPM's which is the rated 540 PTO Speed. I can run the tractor lower and not lug it but the blade tip speed is lower and does not give as good a cut.

/ Best RPM #19  
Smokey427 was looking for a crisis where none existed . He has probably heard people brag that they have never reved up their machine for x,y, & z reasons.