Best set-up?

/ Best set-up?
Song Dogger keep in mind when or if buying a new tractor that weight is your friend. But it comes from more than just the tractor. My 7000 lbs is not all bare bones tractor. It breaks down like this: tractor 3860 lb, loader 1235 lb, loaded 16.9 X 28 rear tires 1500 lb, plow and SSQA frame 400 lb, winch on 3ph 500 lb, and tire chains a couple hundred or so more.

gg

Yep, good point. My 3046r with loader, bucket, and rear blade is about 4200 lbs. No weight in the tires, but I do have a ballast box full of concrete to replace the rear blade if I put a plow on the front.

/ Best set-up? #12  
I would recommend a front hitch from Zuidberg. It allows you to run any 3pt attachment at the front at 540rpm. Get a snow 7ft blower and your banks will never build up and you're driving forward. Screenshot_20190503-061754_Chrome.jpeg

/ Best set-up?
I would recommend a front hitch from Zuidberg. It allows you to run any 3pt attachment at the front at 540rpm. Get a snow 7ft blower and your banks will never build up and you're driving forward.View attachment 603160

Thought I'd heard of most options, but that's new to me. I'll research it further, looks like they have kits that allow a loader to still be attached. Wonder if this is cheaper/better/stronger than a snowblower on a loader powered by a hydraulic pack on the 3 pt hitch, or even one mounted on the frame powered by the mid-PTO.

/ Best set-up? #14  
As far as I know, at least on bigger models, they are loader loader compatible. They're driven off the front pulley. You're loosing ground clearance in the area around the front axle but under the tractor it pretty much stays the same. No dtiveshaft under the tractor from the transmission to the front.
You can attach any attachement that you usually mount to the rear. Specifically on snow blowers, you don't have to use what the manufacturer dictates with their proprietary front attachments.

/ Best set-up? #15  
Buy an F450 and Boss 9.5’ straight or, preferabl, a bee plow. A 4wd F450 with a steel dump bed weighs about 10k lbs, and can be ballasted to well over 15k with a load of sand or gravel. It is fast enough on a 1 mile drive to throw the snow into the ditch.

I would never consider trying to plow a mile with a compact tractor

Snowblowers are excellent for moving snow in constricted areas that lack storage for the seasonal snowfall, but are too slow for large areas.

I wouldn’t mount a plow to the loader arms of a compact tractor, unless snowfall in your area is minimal.

/ Best set-up?
Buy an F450 and Boss 9.5 straight or, preferabl, a bee plow. A 4wd F450 with a steel dump bed weighs about 10k lbs, and can be ballasted to well over 15k with a load of sand or gravel. It is fast enough on a 1 mile drive to throw the snow into the ditch.

I would never consider trying to plow a mile with a compact tractor

Snowblowers are excellent for moving snow in constricted areas that lack storage for the seasonal snowfall, but are too slow for large areas.

I wouldn稚 mount a plow to the loader arms of a compact tractor, unless snowfall in your area is minimal.

:thumbsup: Agreed on all your comments. I'd put a plow on my everyday F350 if I could get away without chains or ballast in the bed.