Best Snowblower?

/ Best Snowblower? #1  

TimP

Platinum Member
Tractor
B3000HSDCC
If money were no object, which 3pt snow blower would you purchase?

I have heard a lot of good things about the Pronovost blowers, but know they are top dollar.

I have had an Allied/Farm King/Buhler in the past and was impressed with it.

Many seem to like the Woodmaxx and PUMA, Lucknow, Meteor or Lorenz.

In which order would you go for best quality or best all-around snow blower?

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

/ Best Snowblower? #2  
What type where you primarily considering? 3 point open rear end? or pull behind/inverted?

If money was no object 3 point inverted: Normand or Pronovost, mid-range Puma, MK Martin Meteor
3 point open end: Meteor, Farm King seems to be often used, Woodsmax seems to have a fast growing folloing, and they are reasonable.

/ Best Snowblower?
What type where you primarily considering? 3 point open rear end? or pull behind/inverted?

If money was no object 3 point inverted: Normand or Pronovost, mid-range Puma, MK Martin Meteor
3 point open end: Meteor, Farm King seems to be often used, Woodsmax seems to have a fast growing folloing, and they are reasonable.

3PT Open end.

/ Best Snowblower? #4  
$$$$ no object. Schultz or Pronovost. But watch out - most of these "top of the line" blowers will require a fairly large tractor to power them. Since a lot of the TBN folks are now visited by a Hellacious winter storm - you could need all the HP you can muster to blow mountains of snow.

Just be darn sure whatever you choose - your tractor has adequate PTO HP to handle the job.

I have a mile long gravel driveway - large yard - mailbox area. For 25 years I used a "drive in reverse" 3-point blower to clear berms, etc. I rapidly grew very weary of 3-4 hours of driving in reverse/always looking over my shoulder. Simple fact - after a session of blowing - my neck and shoulders would hurt for two or three days. This was all when I had a smaller tractor - 1982 Ford 1700 4WD.

I now have a Kubota M6040 4WD and a very HD Rhino rear blade. I sold the blower when I upgraded to the Kubota. The weight of the Kubota( 10,100# ) allows me to clear berms with the rear blade.

If I were to need a blower for the Kubota - it would be a 3-point blower that worked when the tractor was being driven forward. Pronovost makes some very nice 2-stage blowers that would work nicely. The M6040 has approximately 55 PTO HP.

Last edited:
   / Best Snowblower? #5  
I have a Luck Now blower, and it is very well built. Over the years I have been tempted to get an inverted blower, and Pronovost always made the top of my list.
Happy shopping!

/ Best Snowblower? #6  
If money was no object I'd buy a winter home where I could drink on the beach in my shorts and pay someone to clear snow at my summer home.

/ Best Snowblower? #7  
I would say that unless someone has had one of EVERY blower on the list, then they really don't know what they're talking about and should put their opinion in their pocket and walk away.

If someone has only had one blower, it will be "the best" blower they've ever had.

If money were no object, I would prefer a FEL mounted blower myself.

But money is ALWAYS an object.

/ Best Snowblower? #8  
I would say that unless someone has had one of EVERY blower on the list, then they really don't know what they're talking about and should put their opinion in their pocket and walk away.

If someone has only had one blower, it will be "the best" blower they've ever had.

If money were no object, I would prefer a FEL mounted blower myself.

But money is ALWAYS an object.

Very true.............

/ Best Snowblower?
$$$$ no object. Schultz or Pronovost. But watch out - most of these "top of the line" blowers will require a fairly large tractor to power them. Since a lot of the TBN folks are now visited by a Hellacious winter storm - you could need all the HP you can muster to blow mountains of snow.

Just be darn sure whatever you choose - your tractor has adequate PTO HP to handle the job.

I have a mile long gravel driveway - large yard - mailbox area. For 25 years I used a "drive in reverse" 3-point blower to clear berms, etc. I rapidly grew very weary of 3-4 hours of driving in reverse/always looking over my shoulder. Simple fact - after a session of blowing - my neck and shoulders would hurt for two or three days. This was all when I had a smaller tractor - 1982 Ford 1700 4WD.

I now have a Kubota M6040 4WD and a very HD Rhino rear blade. I sold the blower when I upgraded to the Kubota. The weight of the Kubota( 10,100# ) allows me to clear berms with the rear blade.

If I were to need a blower for the Kubota - it would be a 3-point blower that worked when the tractor was being driven forward. Pronovost makes some very nice 2-stage blowers that would work nicely. The M6040 has approximately 55 PTO HP.

Thanks oosik.

I used to have an 3PT Allied blower that was really well built and did a good job.

I sold it along with my old B2150.

I bought a B3000 with a front mount Kubota B2782B blower on it.

But I want a 3PH for some added versatility. Use the 3PH blower and the front mount Blade I also have, or the bucket.

If I find one cheap enough, I'll snap it up.

I was curious what other people have and what they think.

Thanks again.

/ Best Snowblower?
I have a Luck Now blower, and it is very well built. Over the years I have been tempted to get an inverted blower, and Pronovost always made the top of my list.
Happy shopping!

Thanks for the info.

I've hear mention many time of the Lucknow.

I've been aware of the Pronovost for years and everybody seems to think they are at the top of the list.

I've never seen one for sale around Baltimore. I think even a used one draws top dollar.