Best Snowblower?

/ Best Snowblower? #81  
Agree. I use a Meyer snowplow on the FEL for most snow removal. When it's too deep or heavy to handle, I have a 7' blower on the rear. I get almost sideways in the seat and use my left foot on the hydro-pedal. I can watch what's going on out back and front both, and still sip my coffee. Just have to get yourself comfortable and situated and go for it. We get drifts that you can't drive though. I used to dig through them with the FEL bucket but with a heavy snow, this took a long time. Much easier to plow and blow as appropriate. A pull type blower wouldn't really work for me either.

And I have no desire to "stay on top of it" during the snowstorm so my equipment can handle it. I want to plow/blow snow when it makes sense for me and a front plow and rear-facing blower can handle anything.
I use about the same setup. Nothing can stop it, if the plow can't push it, turn around and the blower makes it disappear. I got feet of snow last year and the plow eventually had nowhere to push the snow so I plowed to the center and blew the snow away.
First year here we got snowed and drifted in and it took a cat to clear the road. We have had worse snows since but no problems.

/ Best Snowblower? #82  
As long as we’re opining, I’ll also add ….

To me, simpler is better. I don’t think there’s anything more foolproof than a solid, short PTO shaft connected to a rear-facing snowblower. No hydraulic motors or belts or elaborate geometry to get power to the blower. For a few hours use on a few winter days when I need to move some snow, a rear-facing snowblower is my ultimate “backup plan”. (Pun intended)

It’s interesting how many different approaches there are and how many different opinions there are about how best to skin this cat.

Last edited:
   / Best Snowblower? #83  
Most snows here are in the 3 to 10 inch depth.

I can not find fault with the simplicity and usefulness of the MK. Martin "Meteor" 3pth blower.

Snow just goes over the bank and I don't ever deal with it again.

/ Best Snowblower? #85  
Best blower is what works for your situation or more frequently what you can afford or have.

Agree! Affordability! Another reason to consider the cheapest, simplest, most accessible and available configuration — the simple 3PH rear-facing snowblower.