Best used garden tractor for ~$3000

/ Best used garden tractor for ~$3000 #11  
bontai_Joe said:
And if your $3000 is just for the tractor (not including attachments) then you can afford a NEW Sears GT5000 (or whatever they changed the model nimber to this year) or it's clones from Husqvarna and Poulan

I might be wrong but I don't think you can get a tiller for a craftsman.
The OP said something about using a tiller.

/ Best used garden tractor for ~$3000 #13  
LBrown59 said:
I might be wrong but I don't think you can get a tiller for a craftsman.
The OP said something about using a tiller.
They make a manual tiller for the G100 and the Scott 2554, but i am not sure what that means by manual tiller? If thats the case then maybe that would be able to be implemented on a craftsman...

/ Best used garden tractor for ~$3000 #14  
Mustangous said:
They make a manual tiller for the G100 and the Scott 2554, but i am not sure what that means by manual tiller? If thats the case then maybe that would be able to be implemented on a craftsman...
Any body know what they mean by manual tiller?:confused:

/ Best used garden tractor for ~$3000 #17  
I would go with a NEW Sear's GT6500 Garden tractor with a Tuff-torq k66 found on many Jd and simplicity garden tractors, comes with a 54 inch deck and at a price with what is left over,you take your wife out for dinner!

/ Best used garden tractor for ~$3000 #18  
LBrown59 said:
But it's not tractor powered.
Dont think you could have a tractor powered tiller on a non-pto tractor... :confused:

/ Best used garden tractor for ~$3000 #19  
GreenQuality said:
I would go with a NEW Sear's GT6500 Garden tractor with a Tuff-torq k66 found on many Jd and simplicity garden tractors, comes with a 54 inch deck and at a price with what is left over,you take your wife out for dinner!
I would like to check out the GT6500 from sears... I checked out 2 different sears and then just have the lower end mowers... Cheking out tractors in the stores is like checkingout new cars at the dealer..... :D

/ Best used garden tractor for ~$3000 #20  
GreenQuality said:

I thought a 6500 would work for me till I discovered I couldn't get a tiller that's powered by the tractor with it.