Best way to clear unwanted trees from pasture

/ Best way to clear unwanted trees from pasture
9D488084-0563-4EE9-97DD-BF120A097289.png
From August 15, 2019 before we started clearing the pasture.

7E2DEEF9-F493-453A-B9CF-966C854F1780.png
From today, May 24, 2020.

/ Best way to clear unwanted trees from pasture #273  
Ed27, you sure have done a GREAT job! That sure looks MUCH better!

/ Best way to clear unwanted trees from pasture #274  
Impressive progress!!

/ Best way to clear unwanted trees from pasture #276  
Love the before and after pics, they really show how much work you have put into this!!!

/ Best way to clear unwanted trees from pasture #277  
Really looks different. I am trying to clear about 1/2 acre and you've made more progress than I have :thumbsup:

/ Best way to clear unwanted trees from pasture
Thanks everyone! We still have plenty more tree cutting and burning to do, especially to the smaller pasture at the far left, but trees are removed from all the places we will build. We will build a new house with attached garage, a horse barn for my wife and girls, and, of course, a detached garage mahal for yours truly. It is time in the near future to start interviewing architects, contractors, etc. I have never built a new home before, which makes me a bit nervous, but once I jump in with both feet I'm sure it will be okay. How hard can it be? Famous last words, lol. Seriously, though, I have a couple of friends who recently completed new builds and are happy with the outcome.

/ Best way to clear unwanted trees from pasture #279  
This thread makes me think of the Palouse region in Eastern Washington. In the mid 1800's it was covered with big pine trees (probably 18" diameter average). 75 years later it was all open fields, and some of the most productive farmland in the world. How on earth did those guys do that back when mules and oxen were the main form of power on a farm?