Best way to learn = do!

/ Best way to learn = do! #11  
Looks good.

Nice project for some seat time.

/ Best way to learn = do! #12  
Looks nice Thomas. Are you going to put some fill dirt along the edges where the grade between the driveway and the lawn area is steep to bolster the driveway edges from collapsing?

/ Best way to learn = do!
Looks nice Thomas. Are you going to put some fill dirt along the edges where the grade between the driveway and the lawn area is steep to bolster the driveway edges from collapsing?

MJNCAD,

YES! Not only did I fill in along the edges, but after 4 months of compaction, I took advantage of our Indian Summer and topped the whole thing in concrete.

I struck a deal with a local contractor so that I did all the forming and final grading and he only showed up for the pour and finish, which was only a couple of hours each time. Only charged me for his time on site and allowed me to use his material discounts with the concrete company. We broke it up into 4 different pours and here are the final results (see pics) - even got some landscaping in before the weather turned bad.:D

A few piles of dirt left to spread, but that can wait until spring - more seat time to look forward to :thumbsup:!

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 311
Here's an update - courtesy of Google Earth! They were nice enough to direct their satellite over our property and take this nice picture of my handiwork!:thumbsup:

Thanks Google!!

Attachments

• Driveway.JPG
    Driveway.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 336
   / Best way to learn = do! #16  
Skills, man! That looks perfect, really nice job for a lowly CUT, inspiring for the rest of us. I am still optimistic to cut a 600' drive through brush with my lesser 30 HP CUT, so the only thing that would make this thread better is if you lived in a jungle, haha.

Google earth shot is high-res! Is that a beach in your backyard? Edit: yep, found ya on google. nice building lot! Going to be beautiful in 10 or 15 years when everyone gets their plants grown up a bit.

/ Best way to learn = do! #18  
Looks like you are getting some new neighbors across the way. Will they be sharing your driveway?

deezler said:
Skills, man! That looks perfect, really nice job for a lowly CUT, inspiring for the rest of us. I am still optimistic to cut a 600' drive through brush with my lesser 30 HP CUT, so the only thing that would make this thread better is if you lived in a jungle, haha.

Google earth shot is high-res! Is that a beach in your backyard? Edit: yep, found ya on google. nice building lot! Going to be beautiful in 10 or 15 years when everyone gets their plants grown up a bit.

Deezler,

Your powers of observation are very keen! Yes, there is a beach in our backyard. Here's a picture showing a bit more of the lot and surrounding lake.

Attachments

• image-3809535492.png
    image-3809535492.png
    777.9 KB · Views: 199