BH 75 on B3030 Problems

/ BH 75 on B3030 Problems #1  

Bob53

Silver Member
Tractor
B3030
Well bent the rod on dipper clylinder today. last year the rod cracked in half. The put a new one on with a thicker rod. This time it bent. i was digging a stump out. this is my 1st backhoe, so i don't know if I'm expecting too much from my hoe or its just to small a rod for the hoe? Hopefully will be warranty, but looks like going to have to only do small stumps or is there a special way or do's and don'ts. I usually dig around the roots first to break them, the pull then break loose the stump. I don;t bounch it or anything. Any suggestions?

/ BH 75 on B3030 Problems #2  
I bent the curl cylinder on mine last year shortly after getting it but I think I know what I did wrong and have not done that since.
I have dug up a few hundred stumps since with no problems.

The relief valve should bypass before you bend anything if you just digging, pulling roots or any other normal stuff.

/ BH 75 on B3030 Problems
If I can ask , what did you do that you think was bending the rod? I'm going to ask him to check the relief presure again. If its good, i must be doing something wrong to stress it so much. I hope relief valve is problem. I was digging a long time, lots of stumps, same with last time it happened, end of day both times. So things where probly running very warm. maybe If i'm doing stumps , should only work couple hours then let cool down some??

/ BH 75 on B3030 Problems #4  
I "think" my problem was when I dug up a stump that was about 24" diameter 6' long with roots in all, I decided it was a good idea to use the BH to carry the stump to the brush pile and I think the weight of the stump hanging on the bucket with the cylinder extended overstressed the rod and bent it.

I have not done this since and not bent the cylinder again.

Looks like warranty will not cover this one unless there has been a upgrade on the cylinder that bent. I got the upgrade last summer so I doubt there was another upgrade.
any way they said rod was not avalible for purchase so they had to order a new asembly. $700
I want to get the old cylinder and get it rebuilt if i can and have spare, Is there anywhere other than Kubota that i can try and get rods for cylinders if Kubota says they do not sell?

/ BH 75 on B3030 Problems #6  
Any good hydraulic shop should be able to put a new rod in your cylinder.

Thnks Jerry,
Bear with me, not real fimilar with this. Looked under Hydraulics in phone book, did not see anything, any idea what I should be looking under? Or i guess i may have to ask around in my area I guess.

/ BH 75 on B3030 Problems #8  
Local advice is the best. Try this on line phonebook online phonebook and do a search for "hyduaulics" in your area. Even if it's a hose and fitting shop, they'll know of the outfits that rebuild cylinders.

/ BH 75 on B3030 Problems #9  
I'd do like Bugstruck said and look in the phone book. Also ask around at different tractor or repair shops. Someone will recommend a place.